Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Yamaha Dragstar - Where's the VIN?

• 06-07-2014 7:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I recently acquired a cheap Yamaha Dragstar. I want to find the VIN, but I can only see a 10 character number on the frame. That musn't be it. Is it under the tank or something? I want to know so I can google it, find the proper manual, and treat this baby properly. Paperwork isn't back yet so I cant get it off that. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

newmug wrote: »
    Hi folks. I recently acquired a cheap Yamaha Dragstar. I want to find the VIN, but I can only see a 10 character number on the frame. That musn't be it. Is it under the tank or something? I want to know so I can google it, find the proper manual, and treat this baby properly. Paperwork isn't back yet so I cant get it off that. Any ideas?

its should be on the right side of the Frame up near the Handle Bars..... i believe that vin must be visible.. check this out

https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/yamaha-parts/model-prefix.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Thanks Bikerguy, but I'm not having any joy. The only number I can see up near the handlebars begins with 4T (that would make it a TDM 850???), and it has 10 characters, not 17. According to that link, the dragstars should begin with 4V. Could this be a crashed yoke stuck together with bits from different bikes? Or a Jap import maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Well that VIN "code" acording the website should be identical in all around the world.... but my tip will be to wait for papper work and see if it match.

Well i hope its not what it may be

Hi all. I tracked down the original owner of this bike. He says it was a "german import", hence only 10 characters in the VIN. Anyone ever heard of this???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

What year & cc is the bike?

It looks like an American made Yamaha bike as their VIN numbers start with 4 or 1.

If it was a German bike the VIN would start with 'W'

The other codes in the above link are the model codes.

• Advertisement

She's a 99

Advertisement