Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlepace Court or Dunboyne Castle

Options
  • 06-07-2014 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, any thoughts from anyone out there about where is better to live and to bring up a family. Currently looking at houses in both. Living close to Littlepace, but don't know the estate that well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

I don't think there is one "better" than the other, really depends on what you're looking for and personal preferences. Littlepace is Dublin 15, Dunboyne is a Meath and has got more of a country-side atmosphere. Both are served by the same Dublin bus (70 and 270). Dunboyne has got a train station in addition. Both are within walking distance of primary schools, although there would be more choice in Dunboyne and they have a better reputation as far as I have heard. Dunboyne has got a secondary school, I don't think Littlepace has got one. Dunboyne Castle is more recent than Littlepace, so you can expect better insulation for instance, and probably less maintenance for a few more years than the houses in Littlepace.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

Cilar wrote: »
    Dunboyne has got a secondary school, I don't think Littlepace has got one.

There is a secondary school in the Littlepace area, Colaiste Pobail Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

OP – Really? This is a no brainer unless you would like to live close to high crime areas, higher density housing, how shall I say….lower social “expectations” – if you can afford Dunboyne its miles apart from Littlepace. Unless of course you’re one of these Dubs who just “has” to live in “bleedin deadly Dublin” in which case away with you but you are comparing Castleknock and Blanchardstown here.

Advertisement