Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Catering Houses in Sligo

Options
  • 06-07-2014 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

Myself, my fiance and some friends are planning on taking a few days off at the end of August and were thinking about doing self catering in the Sligo region but we are having difficulty finding places online.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction or offer any suggestions.

It will likely be mid week for 3 nights if that makes a difference.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

It depends on where in the county you want to go, and how near shops you need to be, but if remote and near the beach is what you want then I really like Aughris head. I've stayed in the annex at The Beach House before, and absolutely loved it. The owner took me in around the main house that she uses for bigger groups of guests and it's gorgeous.

The house is quite remote, but there's a small 'general store' type shop about 5 minute drive away, and the town of Ballisadare is about a 15/20 minute drive.

There's a great pub less than 5 minutes walk from the house across the beach (which is literally a stones throw from the house), a cute little thatched bar that can get CRAZY busy even though it's in the middle of nowhere, but they do really good food too.

I'm sure someone native will be on with many more options :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭scarlet43

If you're looking for something near Sligo town, I've heard that Kevinsfort have lovely apartments that rent by the week/weekend - this is quite close to where I'm from, so I could highly recommend the proximity to town without being in the middle of it - it's about a 10 min drive to strandhill, 15 mins to rosses point - lovely area. Friends of mine stayed there for a few days last summer and spoke very highly of the accommodation. Do a search for Kevinsfort House, Sligo (kevinsforthouse.com)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

The Clarion Hotel have some self-catering apartments that they rent out, I've friends who stayed there before and they were fine (this was a couple of years ago, though.) I think Castle Dargan have something similar, however they're well out of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

The S/C Plaza Apartments in Strandhill. Run by the Strand Bar. Contact the pub for contact. They normally do 3 day mid week letting too if they aren't busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

• Advertisement
Advertisement