Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic View Salthill

Options
  • 06-07-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of renting/ maybe buying an apartment in this development, I would be grateful for any info on the apartment block,management company, residents, and general area.Is it a good area to live in? any advice would be appreciated.

Rrgards,
    KK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I stayed there for a while (shared a friend's apartment for a while, a good few years ago). The apartment block is nice, people were quiet and friendly. Construction is so-so, there were some mice around and some sags in the floor. I have no experience with the management company.

The one thing that was really annoying was the noise from the pub below, it was very noisy especially on weekends. Besides the music you get loud people around closing time. The street's noisy too but living in the center of Salthill obviously has big benefits, with plenty of takeaway choices and an ATM right across the road. Depends on what you value more :)

There's no parking, you have to park in the public car park behind the aquarium (free). Luckily there's a back alley out of the apartment so you don't have to walk all the way around. It's not ideal as it isn't very secure, the car park is also prone to flooding and there's this circus/carnival that comes up there sometimes without any notice whatsoever, and they ruthlessly lift the cars out with a crane and dump them on the road somewhere.

The alley is a mixed benefit by the way, you get some dodgy people passing through there at night taking a shortcut from the car park, the front door to the alley is generally kept locked but the back door is often left open. But there's a security code to get into the building so they won't get in there.

I'm living a bit more out now and generally prefer it that way.

Advertisement