Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T-shirts - Good quality, but not branded...

• 06-07-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I'm looking to buy some good quality t-shirts, that fit well, but not branded. I know everything you buy technically is a brand, but I don't like wearing clothes which has their brand on show (inside the t-shirt on the label is fine, I just don't like the idea of being a walking billboard.)

Anyway, not looking for anything flashy. I like the fit of the plain, slim fit t-shirts from Penneys, but the quality isn't great, start to bobble and lose their shape after a few washes.

I used to wear t-shirts from Tshirthell, BustedTees etc, because I really like the fit of their American Apparel t-shirts, but I've outgrown the slogan type t-shirts. I prefer the slimmer fitting American Apparel t-shirts, rather than the Fruit of the Loom t-shirts, which are a bit baggy.

I don't mind paying €20 for a t-shirt, provided it's a good fit, and doesn't lose quality/shape after a few washes. And also doesn't display a brand.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Best tee's (ever) are the black v-neck Bonds™, widely available across Aus or in the larger more local uk/ire stores such as selfridges/house of frasier etc...
    Best tees always have a bit of elasticity built-in for shape recovery and black ones dry fastest and are low maintenance.

note: Oddly, some of the more 'medieval' middle eastern countries view lads wearing v-neck tees, ...to being of the other or a certain minority orientation, pure madness...

Other than that Dunness have similar good ones usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RandomAct

Thanks Joe Doe!

Zara for men have good quality unbranded t-shirts which are slimmer fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

M&S might be worth a look also, don't know if you'll find the style you want, but quality wise they last a bit longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have you tried just getting plain ones from American Apparel? http://store.americanapparel.eu/fine-jersey-short-sleeve-t-shirt_2001

• Advertisement
Advertisement