Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find short term accommodation?

Options
  • 06-07-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I need to stay in Galway five nights a week for all of September and half of October .

Any ideas as to where to look for this? Probably not a hotel or a B&B , as at approx. 50 euro a night is 250 a week and beyond my budget. Would need my own room so couldn't share a dorm in a hostel either

Any idea where to look? Would be handy money for a homeowner with a spare room if I knew where to find them!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

The Digs list might be a good place to start.
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/student_services/accommodation_office/documents/digs_booklet_2013_for_web.pdf

That's probably last years, but if you get in contact with the accommodation office (or maybe the Student Information Desk), they'll be able to give you an up-to-date one.

edit: be warned, Rosgeal and Gort Ard are run by the Opus Dei, so they might look cheap, but I've heard they can be quite religious and have fairly strict rules (curfews etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Did you try air bnb? Could work out a deal? Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ads on daft.ie and adverts.ie might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

At that time of year, BnBs will cut you a weekly deal. Talk to them instead of writing them off.

Even some of the holiday apartments might do you one. Daft > Short-term.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

At that time of year, BnBs will cut you a weekly deal. Talk to them instead of writing them off.

Even some of the holiday apartments might do you one. Daft > Short-term.

Most City centrre B and B s and apartments wont cut deals until Late October and November as tourist season is still strong numbers wise until then but a little further out like the Glenoaks might. Airbnb would definitely be your best bet.
    There are god knows how many other Hip dip students and other part time courses looking for the same thing. I am just going from experience so the quicker you get it sorted the better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭66dunaras

thanks a mil for all your suggestions. have tried a few B&B's with no joy. Its hard to even know what's a reasonable price for five nights - depends on if you are getting any meals I suppose. Don't fancy having to eat out for three meals a day

Advertisement