Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first night at my rental house, a nightmare! I only slept for 10 mins!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

That is wonderful for you, In fairness that noise level was ridiculous, no-one could sleep through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It would probably be in the EA's best interest to rent that place to an employee of one of the bars/clubs on the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Ata S. wrote: »
    I just got an email, they'll easily refund it and I'll drop by and leave the keys.

This is very friendly and understanding.

One in a hundred outcome. Fair play to you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Delighted for you, now go rent somewhere away from the town and student areas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ata S.

I'll just go with the student accommodations. At least I can say to people "be quiet at nights" at accommodations. I gotta move out now.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I'll just go with the student accommodations. At least I can say to people "be quiet at nights" at accommodations. I gotta move out now.

Don't risk that. It's like playing a game of whack a mole, you tell one crowd to keep it down and then another strikes up the next week, if you are not a student try not to live amongst them. Speaking from experience here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

At a, I'm from cork, if you need advice on where to look, ask me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I just got an email, they'll easily refund it and I'll drop by and leave the keys.

This is very friendly and understanding.

Wow...I'm so happy for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Saipanne wrote: »
    At a, I'm from cork, if you need advice on where to look, ask me.

Take this advice OP before you sign anything else.

Well done on the result. Consider yourself very lucky as that's not the usual response.

Don't risk that. It's like playing a game of whack a mole, you tell one crowd to keep it down and then another strikes up the next week, if you are not a student try not to live amongst them. Speaking from experience here :)

I know but their location is very very close, like 1 minute of walking for me and there are additional sections for post-grads. There will be still noise, but I understand wherever I go in the city there will be noise.

For quietness, I need to buy a car and rent a house at suburbs which will be so much expensive that I cannot afford because there are no apartments at suburbs and house sharing is basically same with student accommodation, you might have noisy housemates as well.

• Advertisement

I know but their location is very very close, like 1 minute of walking for me and there are additional sections for post-grads. There will be still noise, but I understand wherever I go in the city there will be noise.

For quietness, I need to buy a car and rent a house at suburbs which will be so much expensive that I cannot afford because there are no apartments at suburbs and house sharing is basically same with student accommodation, you might have noisy housemates as well.

Wrong. But best of luck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

The vast majority of the city is perfectly quiet. You picked one of the worst streets possible. In future you should ask a local person what they think about any potential rental. Best of luck.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Wrong. But best of luck.

PostGrad sections can be quieter is wrong or I should expect some kind of noise everywhere in the city is wrong?

PostGrad sections can be quieter is wrong or I should expect some kind of noise everywhere in the city is wrong?

The notion that you will find blissful peace in a student dorms is wrong. Just wait for college to start. But it will be better than your current place. Definitely.

There are some really mature, quiet areas of the city with reasonable rent and either close to ucc or on a bus route. As stated above, you should take the advice of locals instead of rushing your decision. Look where that got you last time.

But, I wish you the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, definitely ask locals.

I'm not even from Cork but I fully understood why the place would be noisy at night-time when you said you were living on Washington Street.

Advertisement