Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert religion

• 06-07-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I want to know is it a subject that is very doable , im okay at essays and can learn stuff. Ive been looking at leaving cert papers as i want to pick it up and i think it looks easy enough. For a 80 mark question how long would an essay be ? In juniour cert its 70 marks for a page and a half ? Im bad with timing and if the essays are long i know id probably mess it up.. And is the journal work for lc easy to understand ? Is it marked hard. Any comments asap would be great. Thanks
    Ps i emphasize the length of the essays and timing

^ i know it probably is hard people say it is and some other find it managable

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 ballyragget

Hi I just did the leaving cert and i would say it is a very doable subject if you dont mind essay-writing. Each 40 mark question is a page and a half-2 pages (in about 17 minutes)...so any 80 mark question is about 35 minutes and about 3 pages. Of course some bits of the course drag on, but there are some very interesting aspects of the course!

The journal work is very manageable and easy to score highly in if you put in the effort! You have over a year to do this project which is 20% so i'd advise not to leave it til last minute!

I forgot to point out that the timings and essay lengths above are suitable for someone looking for a high B or A grade so dont be put off !!!! Religion has one of the highest a/b percentages so i definitely think that you should strongly consider it!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Hi I just did the leaving cert and i would say it is a very doable subject if you dont mind essay-writing. Each 40 mark question is a page and a half-2 pages (in about 17 minutes)...so any 80 mark question is about 35 minutes and about 3 pages. Of course some bits of the course drag on, but there are some very interesting aspects of the course!

The journal work is very manageable and easy to score highly in if you put in the effort! You have over a year to do this project which is 20% so i'd advise not to leave it til last minute!

I forgot to point out that the timings and essay lengths above are suitable for someone looking for a high B or A grade so dont be put off !!!! Religion has one of the highest a/b percentages so i definitely think that you should strongly consider it!
    Thanks ill consder it, in youre school did ye only study for example christianity world religions and gender and religion like ye did no practice section to fall back on?

Advertisement