Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure which tent to buy.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

No but presumably if you're in the market for these sort of lighweight backpacking tents, you know what you're about. For myself, I'd prefer something with a touch more substance for when the weather turns nasty. MSR gear has a good reputation as far as I know, so should ease your concerns..

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭preacherman

Hi all,

I am looking for a little assistance in purchasing a new tent.

I have this tent at the moment, but it's on the way out. It let in a lot of water lastnight through the ground mat (as soon as it was pitched). I have it a good few years and it has travelled a lot with me and the OH. Time to buy a new one though.

We have shortlisted these two here.

http://www.vaude.com/en-NL/Products/Gear/Power-Lizard-SUL-2-3P-green.html

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/msr/tents/experience-series/hubba-hubba-nx/product

We love the features of the MSR tent but are unsure of how good it will be in wet weather. Personally, I am not a massive fan of the Vaude due to the entrance.

Anybody have either of these?

cheers.

The hubba hubba nx has two vestibules, makes life easier for two people getting in and out. Also the steeper walls make it more liveable if just sitting in tent. Check the specs on the older hubba hubba hp because as far as I know it has a bit more head room and more nylon than mesh inner. Probably slightly heavier though but not much I'd say. I looked at the hubba nx when I was buying a one person tent recently and went for the hubba hp for the extra height because I use a neoair mat which is two inches thick. On very warm nights I probably would have preferred more mesh but every tent purchase will be a compromise.

Advertisement