Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saltfish

Options
  • 06-07-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi. Anyone know where in Cork I can get some please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

What kind of salt fish? At least one of the stalls in the English Market sells salt cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

What kind of salt fish? At least one of the stalls in the English Market sells salt cod.
    Thanks
    I'm not sure really. Its for a Caribbean recipe and it says saltfish. I ate it on holidays but never thought to ask what fish it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Thanks
    I'm not sure really. Its for a Caribbean recipe and it says saltfish. I ate it on holidays but never thought to ask what fish it was

If you're making salt fish cakes, or salt fish and ackee, it means salt cod. Costs a fortune at home, so God knows what it costs here! Asian shops sell it, and so does Mr Bell's in the English Market.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

If you're making salt fish cakes, or salt fish and ackee, it means salt cod. Costs a fortune at home, so God knows what it costs here! Asian shops sell it, and so does Mr Bell's in the English Market.
    Thanks ABajanin. I'll try Mr Bell's. Its for salt fish cakes.

Don't forget: Plenty of lime juice, scotch bonnet and onion. And deep fry them!! NEVER shallow fry...:D

• Advertisement

Oh - and leave some for me, nuh? :D

Advertisement