Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got chicken eggs hatching soon in incubator?

• 06-07-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

As title says looking for couple eggs, for hatching soon.

Had hen sitting & close to her time the feckin magpies stole her eggs, she was then sitting on more eggs for hatching yesterday but they never hatched,

Now desperate to put something under her that will hatch soon, as she is broody a long time now, sorted magpie problem and just want to see her lay,

any suggestions,

Sunny south east,

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Lazeedaisy, have you posted looking for help in the Smallholdings sub-forum (in Farming and Forestry)?
    There are hen people here alright, but you should get a bigger audience in the Smallholdings forum!
    Link to that forum here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1511
    Good luck!
    DBB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thanks for the advice,

Will post there,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

You can buy fertilized eggs online (for hatching) in lots of places.
    Dont know where in the sunny south east you are but you can get them outside Kilkenny at:

poulacapplepoultry.com/html/for_sale.html

or check irishpoultry.com and irish-fowl.com for suppliers (Ive seen them on adverts.ie and donedeal.ie too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I have neighbours that can give me eggs, I was hoping to by-pass the waiting period, and have searched done deal and adverts to no avail, hence this post, thanks anyway, as I said my hen as been broody way too long,

Advertisement