Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marlay park concert footwear

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

just wondering what kind of footwear should be worn to a concert in Marlay Park because im going to Macklemore on thursday. this is my first concert that is outdoors so i am clueless!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Boots or runners should do the job. Leave the heels/fancy shoes at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Use common sense? Not trying to be smart or funny! Just remember, it's a gig! You'll get covered in rain, pi55, muck, s*t, spit, and flying beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

Does anyone know if wellies would be needed from all the rain and past concerts? Going to Ellie and Macklemore too so would be nice to know

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I was at KoL in Marley on Friday...wore runners...despite the rain, as the ground has been so dry, there was not a spec of muck to be seen! Wellies not required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭bobrawn20

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I was at KoL in Marley on Friday...wore runners...despite the rain, as the ground has been so dry, there was not a spec of muck to be seen! Wellies not required.

Thanks for that, appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Depends on your height.

If under 6 foot tall, platforms are a must.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 camstar

Thanks. Would converse do the trick? I don't mind them getting ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Crocs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 camstar

crocs, seriously? no thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Theyve banned all shoes at Marley Park, due to excessive noise to the residents.

They make you take them off when you get on the bus and you have to tiptoe in to buy some official shoes when there.

The stoney bit at the entrance is a nightmare but once over that its not far to the 'Rockin Crocs' stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This should be in the Non-Specific Gig Questions thread, it clogs up the actual event threads.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Penneys/Penneys/Penneys.

Disposable footwear ftw.

Advertisement