Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Tatoo Artist in Cavan/Monaghan/Meath Area

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Could Anyone recommend a good Tattoo Artist in Cavan/Monaghan/Meath area Please? Very nervous about who I go to, really want someone with a good name. Am new to the area so don't know anyone well enough to recommend someone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Hi there. I went to FatSpuds on the Main Street in Cavan town. Had my first tattoo in November with him and then went for my second one in March. Really nice guy and knows his stuff. He has a facebook page fatspudtattoos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What exactly is the piece your looking to get done?

People will give you recommendations based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cardar123

Just a small wrist tattoo with my kids initials and maybe a star and a small cross on my ankle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

based on that, anybody with a tattoo gun and an hours training

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

cardar123 wrote: »
    Just a small wrist tattoo with my kids initials and maybe a star and a small cross on my ankle

Most studios should be able to knock that out no bother for you to be honest. I've no idea about that neck of the woods but I'd imagine most of the big towns (Navan/Cavan etc) would have a studio for you to check out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

based on that, anybody with a tattoo gun and an hours training
    Living in Letterkenny you would be amazed how many people have that exact tattoo done badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I wouldn't, I lived in letterkenny for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I wouldn't, I lived in letterkenny for a bit
    Never seen as many bad tattoos in one town before the amount of tribal tats that look like something from a Rorschach test is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cardar123

raze_them_all - obviously you wuldnt be bothered with a botched up tattoo on your body but I wuldnt let anyone near me with 1 hrs training.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

cardar123 wrote: »
    raze_them_all - obviously you wuldnt be bothered with a botched up tattoo on your body but I wuldnt let anyone near me with 1 hrs training.

In fairness, Raze wasn't suggesting that you do, but pointing out that it's a very simple design that any decent tattooist should be able to do for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement