Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Outfit Really Need Help

• 07-07-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Ladies I could really do with a hand figuring out what to pair with this dress

alexon-navy-lace-top-maxi-dress-product-1-14344919-783424642_large_flex_zps8becab46.jpeg

It's for my sister in law's wedding so I'm going to be in all the family pics and really want to look my absolute best. I love the dress but am terrible at piecing things together.

Any suggestions for shoes/bag/fascinator?? Thanks a million, I'm clueless :confused::o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Ladies I could really do with a hand figuring out what to pair with this dress

<SNIP>

It's for my sister in law's wedding so I'm going to be in all the family pics and really want to look my absolute best. I love the dress but am terrible at piecing things together.

Any suggestions for shoes/bag/fascinator?? Thanks a million, I'm clueless :confused::o

How about going with nude for shoes and bag. Not sure you need a necklace. Just some nice earrings and a bracelet. Reckon you could go with either gold or silver. Beautiful dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I wore a navy dress for my brothers wedding last year. I went with hot pink for shoes and fascinator, and silver for jewellery and bag. There's a lot of detail on the neckline there so I'd go very simple silver earrings and a silver bangle. Beautiful dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks ladies - loving the hot pink idea! I am so rubbish at this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I'd go for silver strappy heels & a nice pair of embellished flip flops for when you can no longer walk =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Hi,
    I think you shouldn't wear a fascinator with this dress, the dress is statement enough, one of those flat embellished 1920s style hairbands would work, or if you are wearing your hair up, a clip or some pins at the back will be enough. Some elegant drop earrings and a pair of heels, either silver or gold for all your accessories as either works well with navy.
    Enjoy, it's a lovely dress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Agree with the girls, no fascinator and I think silver would go best, no neckpiece maybe a statement cuff and matching earrings, love the dress by the way, can I ask where you got it? its fab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Thanks so much for all the input - the more I think of it the more I think you're right with not having a fascinator and keeping it simple. I'm going to go for navy shoes and dark silver accessories!

It's an Alexon dress - they sell the brand in Arnotta but I got it online in the Alexon sale, €189 down to €55!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I'd go with silver too, that's a beautiful classy dress! Hair up and just nice drop earrings would be fabulous. No occasion coming up but think I'll get one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Wow! €55 is an absolute bargain for that dress!!

Advertisement