Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search for a Krico Magazine finally over.

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Continuing on from my wanted advert from 5 years ago

After five years of searching I finally got my hands on a replacement Mag for my krico.
    I found this website and bought a Mag that was broadly similar to my old broken one.
    http://www.gunpartscorp.com/
    I wasn't sure of the legal implications of bringing it in from the US to the north where I'm from so I contacted the UK government department for firearms. A nice lady told me I need absolutely no paperwork to do it. So I went ahead and ordered it.
    The company came back to me and said they could send it but need an import license. I sent them on the email from the firearms department but they said it was a requirement for the courier service to have one. I told them I couldn't get one so they said a copy of my firearms cert would do. So I gave then a copy with some of the more important info blacked out. In a couple of weeks I got it.
    Now the new Mag isn't exactly the same as you can see.
    20140706_123259_zpsf9tdbga3.jpg
    The main demensions were correct so I got a couple of files out and set about adapting the Mag to fit. As far as I could see there were three main differences. The back of the new Mag was slightly different and prevented it being fully pushed home into the rifle. I filed a small notch out of it and it fitted perfectly.
    20140706_123310_zpsequyrchr.jpg
    The second issue was the locking mechanism to hold it in the rifle. The new one had a notch in the back were as my rifle had its catch at the front. I put some insulation tape on the Mag and was able to see where the catch should lock into the Mag and so cut then filed a notch into it. The Mag now went fully home and engaged the catch correctly. I thought I was home and dry until I took it outside and tried to cycle some bullets through it. I discovered the grooves on the new Mag held the bullet longer than my old one when sliding the bolt forward. It would pick up the back of the shell but was putting it into the breech at a bad angle causing a jam. So the file came out again and I was able to match the contours of the old Mag.
    20140706_123508_zpswwirtwum.jpg
    Here you can see the notch cut in the front of the Mag.
    20140706_123440_zpsejmwhgxw.jpg
    The only difference that can be seen is the way the bottom of the Mag sits beneath the rifle. The old one was a square end and sat flush with the woodwork.
    20140706_123542_zps3306htbq.jpg
    The new one sticks out at a slight angle but doesn't bother me.
    20140706_123531_zps0b8u151m.jpg
    The most important thing is the rifle now cycles perfectly.
    20140706_123902_zps5p01smfe.jpg
    Not a moment to soon either. After finishing the job I thought I'd do a quick check on the flight pond and see if any are coming to the feed. Low and behold a hundred yards away there was a vixen in broad daylight stalking a cock Pheasant. The cock had seen him and was giving the warning call. The fox gave up but in that time I could have shot her a hundred times. Bloody typical, but I hope to get her the next time. Anyway I posted this as I know from watching boards the last number of years, there's a few of us that need krico mags so I thought I'd share how I got mine.
    Cheers
    Mallards

Advertisement