Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

I am going to Galway for a day trip soon and will need somewhere to park for about ten hours. Can anyone recommend a cheap place to leave the car? Is it possible to park in the train station?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Dyke Rd Car Pk about €4 for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Parking in the train station is for train-customers only. At least that's what the sign says.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I am going to Galway for a day trip soon and will need somewhere to park for about ten hours. Can anyone recommend a cheap place to leave the car? Is it possible to park in the train station?

Dyke Rd is cheaper than the train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Besides the dyke road there's a car park near the Cathedral that's also 4 euro a day.

Or if you want free and the weather is fair you can park in the public car parks in Salthill for free and walk over to town but it's about 20-25 minutes.

The Dyke road is probably the handiest though if you come from most directions. It can be hard to get a space there some days though but it's huge so you'll get one eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Park on the prom for free then walk back into town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there any time restriction for parking on the Prom? I thought some of it was 2-hours limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭galwayredgirl

Please park responsibly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Is there any time restriction for parking on the Prom? I thought some of it was 2-hours limit.

Salthill village yes the prom no.

Advertisement