Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boot Cut Jeans

• 07-07-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Where can I get them?

Rambled all over town at the weekend and couldn't find a pair...
    I went to Pennys, H&M, Next, Topman and GAP...

Nothing, everything is the these tight things... Where can I find a pair of baggy or boot-cut jeans?

:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jack and Jones?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Didn't try there recently but I did check there not to long ago and didn't have any...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I only wear J&J because they have bootcut.

Try here: http://www.officersclub.com/men-c1032#c1096:t219

Have ordered a few pairs and they are grand.
    Also try the likes of the The Jean Scene etc.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I only wear J&J because they have bootcut.

Try here: http://www.officersclub.com/men-c1032#c1096:t219

Have ordered a few pairs and they are grand.
    Also try the likes of the The Jean Scene etc.

Wow thanks. That's a great link, prices seem really good too.

Where is Jean Scene?

The Jean Scene are all over the place, mostly in shopping centres.

There is a place in the Jervis Center that sell jeans on the same level as Golden Discs that used to be good but I havent been that way in years.

Prices on that site are brilliant especially when they have a sale on :)

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    The Jean Scene are all over the place, mostly in shopping centres.

There is a place in the Jervis Center that sell jeans on the same level as Golden Discs that used to be good but I havent been that way in years.

Prices on that site are brilliant especially when they have a sale on :)

Deadly - cheers man!

What about high street places like Levi's? Are they not in Dublin anymore?
    I thought they were on Grafton Street but don't seem to exist anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭thirteen.

Levis are still on Grafton Street.

Are they?

Cool - May drop in a see if they have boot cut... I'd assume they would!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

Arnotts have Levis and other brands like that too, wrangler etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Tommy Hilfiger always have boot cut jeans in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I think most of the Jean Scenes shut down actually. Not sure if any still exist.

Forget about Topman unless you have matchstick legs - the tightness of their jeans is unreal!!

I would have thought Penneys have some wider fits. I think Jack'n'Jones do some bootcut or looser styles alright but skinny or slim seem to rule these days - unfortunate for guys who carry a bit of weight or have rugby thighs!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

ongarboy wrote: »
    I think most of the Jean Scenes shut down actually. Not sure if any still exist.

Forget about Topman unless you have matchstick legs - the tightness of their jeans is unreal!!

I would have thought Penneys have some wider fits. I think Jack'n'Jones do some bootcut or looser styles alright but skinny or slim seem to rule these days - unfortunate for guys who carry a bit of weight or have rugby thighs!

+1 on this. I remember the first time I tried on a pair of their slim fit jeans. Feck me, they were welded to me. They were fine on the waist but they were so tight on my calves that they were cutting off the circulation. I had to go a size up on the waist but while they fit fine on the calves, they were then too baggy around my waist. I bought them anyway cos they were a nice colour and I know a good alteration shop near home. Their chinos fit fine, but their jeans are designed for anorexic 12 year olds. All the other big name brands fit no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Boot cut... hmmm. I think you can go baggy / loose / comfortable without going the dreaded bootcut route. I know you weren't asking for advice and had simple question. However, I came from liking bootcut and flares to wearing more "straight" jeans. So I'd just thought I'd pass on my idea.

I find the Diesel Larkee jeans give you a nice loose, baggy, comfortable fit but aren't bootcut, just straight all the way down. They don't taper in, they stay the same width, and look really well.

Cheers for all the info guys!

Advertisement