Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

craziness?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭

So anyone with a newborn even entertaining that they miss been pregnant and want another baby?
    My little one is hitting 3 months and this time the last two years I was pregnant and kinda have it creeping into my head that I'd love another baby!
    I think someone should lock me up for at least the next month so this will pass..

Am I alone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I wouldn't have another baby because I missed being pregnant! You still have to have a baby at the end of it. We have a 15 month gap and this was planned and works for us for many reasons. But we have the smallest age gap of anyone we know, most have at least two years if not more between their children. I think you know what's right for you. A small gap is a lot of work. It's no joke trying to care for a young toddler with a big bump and pregnancy tiredness. I look back at pictures of my eldest and she was really only a baby when number two arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

So anyone with a newborn even entertaining that they miss been pregnant and want another baby?
    My little one is hitting 3 months and this time the last two years I was pregnant and kinda have it creeping into my head that I'd love another baby!
    I think someone should lock me up for at least the next month so this will pass..

Am I alone?

I think it's a common thing, hormones have a lot to answer for, ha ha! I remember feeling jealous of bumps when I was walking around with a tiny newborn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Oh I know what it's like to care for newborn and been sick with morning sickness.. I was 5 weeks pregnant when my son was 16 weeks old.. I managed pretty well.. Just love been a mummy and love babies its not just the been pregnant..

Yea there's 4 of us who had babies this year in the family.. Last time was 3 of us.. At present there's 1 left to be born in 2 weeks time and seeing her makes me miss it more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I liked the idea of having all of my children close in age. We have 17 months between the first two and just over 2 years between the 2nd and 3rd (3rd baby was a surprise and if we had been planning another I would have left less of a gap between them!)

You know yourself how tiring etc. it can be so I won't go down that road but I would suggest you think wisely about your body and what getting pregnant so soon after having had a baby does to it. Even if I wanted another baby, which I don't, I seriously don't think I would put my body through it again. I'm fit, healthy and back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I personally feel there is only so much a body can take!

Have you considered discussing it with your GP or PHN to see what they think in terms of having 3 pregnancies so close to each other?

Our youngest will be two in October and we are so glad to be coming out of the baby stage and all that that entails. We are loving the ages that they are currently at 5, 4 and 2 and I'd die if I had another baby now! I'm just so over the baby stage! But if it is a stage you love and see yourself having more, then why not space it out a bit so that you can still enjoy being in it now with your current two and it means that you still have another baby stage to look forward to down the line. If you love the baby stage so much and you 'cram' them all in in a short space of time (a horrible way to put it but you know what I mean!) then you may find yourself in a few years time wishing you could relive the baby stage again when you can't.

Yes realistically we said when our youngest is 2-3 we would start trying. And they would be in school and preschool when baby would arrive. My other problem is fertility issues I'm afraid my system will shut down again.. I'll always be 100% happy with what I have now for sure but we both wanted a big family some day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I found myself feeling really broody when my son was about 5-6 months old, I was desperate for another baby and would have had one only for my husband saying no. By the time he was one it was gone, so I wonder was it hormonal. You know yourself what is right for you and fertility issues may play a part in it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Totally get how you feel. I've always said that I wanted to leave 4-5 years between any children I have. And, when I was pregnant and suffering badly from fatigue and sickness for most of the pregnancy, I remember thinking so many times that I just couldn't understand how anyone has more than one small child at the same time.

And yet, from when he was born, I've often thought how lovely it would be to be pregnant again. It's not an option for us - definitely not now, probably not for several years - but it's like some weird maternal instinctive thing - I love him to bits and I want more just like him! I'm on the pill and I've big career plans for the next couple of years, so won't even consider it. But I can't wait until (hopefully) the day comes when we can try for another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

You can have mine (only joking). He thinks 5 am is morning.

Anyway I didnt get that after no 1. I wanted a 2 yr gap and had 23 mnths. Second pregnancy was very difficult. Made harder by the guilt if nit being able to care for baba no 1 some days. 14 weeks later im still not right. I would be terrified to get pregnant again. Terrified. Im that worried i have an alarm on my phone to take the pill at the same time every day. I love my babies to bits. Always wanted 3 but think im deffinetly done.

I think the fact my first was the non sleeper and my second is the sleeper is helping in me wanting another. I know I do want another. Then again should I tempt faith.. I have two healthy happy babies.. I can deal with looking after a sick baby just couldn't handle watching them struggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Am I alone?

OMG! Yes! I swear I was actually going to post this in my due March 2014 thread to see of anyone was feeling this but I decided not to as I thought of be laughed at!!! Lol.

The EXACT same thing happened after my first. I don't know what it is. I hate being pregnant! I mean I really hate it. So why do I now just want to be pregnant!!??? I got this feeling about 3 or 4 months after my first was born. So became pregnant with number 2 when number 1 was 5-6 months. I said I wanted 3 or 4 together. But after number 2 was born (15 weeks ago), I realised its no fun being pregnant and trying to care for a baby who was becoming a toddler. I felt I couldn't care for him properly or play with him. I was completely lethargic and had no energy. So we said we'd wait another year before trying again for number 3. That way the oldest will hopefully just be going into Montessori.

But 3 months in and I just any shake this feeling that I wish I was pregnant again. Not the actually crap feeling of pregnancy. But more so the run up to labour, the knowing I'm going to have a baby, the excitement of labour, the time after labour and the time you have your new little baby. The buying all the baby stuff. The feeding your little baby. I just don't know... Maybe it's hormones... Either way I'm really gonna try and wait the year coz I know as soon as I get pregnant again I'll be wishing I wasn't! Wouldn't it be great if we could just have the babies without the 9 months of feeling sh*t!

But yes... I think I know exactly what you are talking about!

• Advertisement

Ah I don't feel as crazy now.. I know realistically I won't be doing it any time soon but I can think about what it would be like.. Like you I don't like actually been pregnant I have SPD and morning sickness all day long so having a baby without the 9 months of torture would be brilliant..

Think I'm gonna wait until after my first smear test results.. I'm behind on account of been pregnant the last 2 years.. I've had 3 years of been watched like a hawk..was only discharged a few months when I got pregnant with my first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just don't understand why they haven't invented baby-growing pods yet :)

Dolbert wrote: »
    I just don't understand why they haven't invented baby-growing pods yet :)

I think I would have 6-10 babies if these were in existence! :). ive surprised myself how ive taken to looking after 2 babies. sometimes i think... this isnt nearly as hard as i thought it was going to be. (other times im cracking up tho when they are both screaming, lol). i just couldn't have 6-10 pregnancies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

It's definitely hormones!! I felt the same way for about 4 months after I had my little one. I was in no way thinking straight. Thankfully I saw sense and I'll wait until I'm in a better situation to have another.

These pods sound like a great idea... They need to hurry up and invent them.. My Granny says the hardest kids were the ones with big gaps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

4 month old here and not a whiff of broodiness! This baby is way too cute, I want to enjoy this time with her, and not be puking my guts out or struggling to stay awake.

pwurple wrote: »
    4 month old here and not a whiff of broodiness! This baby is way too cute, I want to enjoy this time with her, and not be puking my guts out or struggling to stay awake.

That's exactly why I want to wait. It's so nice to be able to enjoy their babyhood. I feel like I kinda missed a lot of that with number one due to being pregnant and lying on the couch all day like a heffalump...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I want another one but I have to find a man first!!!

loubian wrote: »
    I want another one but I have to find a man first!!!

Lol, you and me both Loubian x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Id have another baby if
    a) I didn't have to be pregnant for 9 months (although the middle 3-4 are quite nice)
    b) he/she slept even a little bit at night
    c) I wasn't 40 already

So I guess I'll stick with 2 :)

• Advertisement

See that's my problem jack sleeps all night since 8 months old and then Lucy came along and slept all night from 3 weeks so I think that helps me want another

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

You see that's my problem, I have a 22 month old that has never slept a full night yet and is
    in our bed most nights, I get where the broodiness is coming from though one minute i want another one and
    next minute im thinking i just couldn't cope with two, I hear that the second one is easier than the first but I wonder,i will be 38 in a couple of weeks so time isn't on my side either and also the guilt of leaving him on his own without a brother or a sister is another one i battle with..................I think about this alot lately.

Rose35 wrote: »
    You see that's my problem, I have a 22 month old that has never slept a full night yet and is
    in our bed most nights, I get where the broodiness is coming from though one minute i want another one and
    next minute im thinking i just couldn't cope with two, I hear that the second one is easier than the first but I wonder,i will be 38 in a couple of weeks so time isn't on my side either and also the guilt of leaving him on his own without a brother or a sister is another one i battle with..................I think about this alot lately.

That's exactly what my thoughts are. I'm glad I had my daughter relatively young at 27. However, I'm not married or with her father now so I'll have to wait for the right person to have another. I definitely do not want my baby to grow up as an only child. I feel bad enough for having her on my own as is. I keep having these thoughts of something happening me and seeing her older and alone. I hate that thought so much. I grew up in a big family and I want that fun and closeness for her. At the end of the day blood is thicker than water and I want siblings for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My daughter is a good contraceptive. She's always been a delightful, pleasant baby during the day but she's an awful sleeper. There were times when I thought I'd go mad or might have gone mad already from sleep deprivation. If she'd been a good sleeper I reckon I'd be starting for no.3. Even though I'm 40. Simply because I enjoyed motherhood a lot more this time around.

Advertisement