Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,521 ✭✭✭✭

A few days ago my Skype interface changed from normal to having those squares that represent characters that the computer cannot deal with. Skype was working fine though and even topped up my phone account automatically.

However today I wanted to add a new contact, and because I could not remember what to do without actual words I clicked on the skype logo to try and get help. The page that came up was in Japanese, and translated very badly. I tried to get onto some sort of discussion or question page but it was all referring to Japan.

I tried changing the link address from japan to ie or uk but it claimed there was no such page. I seem to be stuck with Skype in Japanese, and cannot contact Skype. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Uninstall / reinstall the application using the latest installer.

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/downloading/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,521 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Tried that, it comes up in Japanese!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Did you change your language by accident?

The second menu from the right is the Tools menu and the first option is Change Language. You should be able to find English there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,521 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thank you for that! No I didn't change it, but it was indeed changed, though there are no 'messers' in the house. Same mystery as where my car keys have gone! I would not have found it without your info :-)

Advertisement