Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this could get expensive...

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Right, this morning I took delivery of my new. 220 swift and noticed that my alleged five gun safe won't hold my current tally of four guns. I have just walked out of my rfd's shop having traded my current one for a great deal on a considerably larger model. As I walk up the street towards home, a thought enters the madness that is my mind......"I have a TEN gun safe".........OOHHHH DEAR..........:-D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Longranger wrote: »
    Right, this morning I took delivery of my new. 220 swift and noticed that my alleged five gun safe won't hold my current tally of four guns. I have just walked out of my rfd's shop having traded my current one for a great deal on a considerably larger model. As I walk up the street towards home, a thought enters the madness that is my mind......"I have a TEN gun safe".........OOHHHH DEAR..........:-D

That will only hold 8 guns

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

clivej wrote: »
    That will only hold 8 guns

I guess four more will have to do! ;-):-D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Longranger wrote: »

:)

Just like buying a stack of ammo.

"Now I've got enough ammo to last a good while." Cue me bringing the ammo to the range a brick at a time...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

The worst thing I find about having space in the safe is that I always have an itch to fill it :D.
    I have 2 "4 gun" safes and one of them just about holds the .223 and .22

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Same feeling I got a little while ago when a certain RFD mentioned they were now selling the made-from-titanium version of my rifle sights :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

A ten gun safe would be too lonely for just four guns :)

I loolookefor one myself but couldn't find one.

Know the feeling though as I recently upgraded my home security and firearms officer was extremely happy and said that I should just post in applications now that he has inspected my house.

Bad thing to tell me
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Lotharmike

I bought a R8 Barrel key in error 12 months ago its all the excuse I need to get the Rifle to match the key.The key cost €10.What can you do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Sparks wrote: »
    Same feeling I got a little while ago when a certain RFD mentioned they were now selling the made-from-titanium version of my rifle sights :D

Those are horrifying. So expensive Centra are even reluctant to sell them it seems! Saw Sidi come looking for one in Munich and he got a wry eyebrow and a "Maybe for Granada..." from Johann.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Those are horrifying. So expensive Centra are even reluctant to sell them it seems! Saw Sidi come looking for one in Munich and he got a wry eyebrow and a "Maybe for Granada..." from Johann.

Yeah, but does Sidi actually have to pay for them? :D
    I tried the Spy over in Finland on Gonchi's rifle and they were brilliant; minimalist but did everything and gave you great field of view and kept out of your glasses, had them down to buy and then the whole engagement sights thing happened and I wound up with the MEC Free instead, but the Spy was just as good as the Free. But not at €820 for the chassis alone, and another €165 for the rear iris!

(And if they do sell, how long till we see the Free in Titanium? Will it be long enough for a ten-year anniversary present? :D )

Lotharmike wrote: »
    I bought a R8 Barrel key in error 12 months ago its all the excuse I need to get the Rifle to match the key.The key cost €10.What can you do ?

Funny you said that cos I have old set of peep sights that came off a #4 Enfield........hmm.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Congrats on getting a bigger safe. My sympathies on having extra space for more guns:pac:

One thing tho, seen plenty of safes in the local dealers but I've never seen a safe with interior lighting installed by the manufacturer.
    Times when its been so dark inside my safe that I can't see the slot for the barrel to sit in ORI'm afraid of knocking the scope off the next gun or can't see anything in the ammo store up top. So I got me a few LED push lights and made a real job of my safe. But always wondered if there was any safe with interior lighting and if not WHY?

Just had my hands on a lovely 22lr Henry lever action with 14 round mag and 18 inch barrel,a mint but cheap 20g sxs and an old but beautiful BSA ralock 22lr semi-auto.....I wonder if the MNSCI will give me a discount on membership fees if I have my sure-to-be-impending divorce party there :D

Advertisement