Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid internship + part time job + jobseekers?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello. I was a jobseeker for almost a year and got a small part time job working 2 days a week. I am collecting some of my money from the rest of the time I am not working. Each time I apply for any other job, I don't get it. My downfall is I don't have enough experience (a.k.a none that would benefit me for retail/sales). I recently got an interview for a part time job with a company within Debenhams, but I did not get the job. I did email the woman in charge asking if I can do an internship with them to gain some experience. I doubt any company in Debenhams would go through job bridge? Now I am thinking I will lose the extra money if the woman tells me I could do an internship. Working 2 days a week doesn't bring in much money and I can't afford to lose this money from jobseekers.

Also all the positions in job bridge are FULL time and I couldn't get take them as it would interfere with my regular 2 days. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rorster_123

Why not do an unpaid internship for 1 day per week with them? That way you can get jobseekers for 3 days. You still have to declare the unpaid day as you would not be available for work that day. Not ideal I know.

Advertisement