Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

phog wrote: »

I know that's how it is now but I wonder was it a slip of the tongue when Foley says that Copeland was brought in as a direct replacement for Coughlan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,828 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Fixtures out for European Cup. Anther Friday fixture for TP.

http://www.epcrugby.com/eng/european-rugby-champions-cup.php?includeref=28866&round=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster's order of matches:

Sat 18 Oct Sale Sharks (A)
    Fri 24 Oct Saracens (H) :mad: :mad: effing Friday again

5/6/7 Dec Clermont (H)
    12/13/14 Clermont (A)

16/17/18 Jan Saracens (A)
    23/24/25 Jan Sale Sharks (H)

The weakest team in the pool away from home first up. That is not good (...Edinburgh :( )

The only good thing about the fixture list is the hope that Sale will be gone by Round 6 and you're looking at a probable five pointer.

5/6/7 Dec Clermont (H)
    12/13/14 Clermont (A)

The weakest team in the pool away from home first up. That is not good (...Edinburgh :( )

The only good thing about the fixture list is the hope that Sale will be gone by Round 6 and you're looking at a probable five pointer.

Back to back Clermont matches could be tricky too..

Cheering for Clermont going to Saracens in Round 1. We could have Saracens knocked out before Round 3. :D

On another note, the tickets for the initial Pro12 matches are out. Much cheaper than last season! I'll probably go to one or two more than I planned.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/guinness-pro12-munster-rugby-v-limerick-city-09-05-2014/event/18004D0C97EA0EC4?artistid=33318&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=225

Fair play to Munster for this, the tiering is now a lot better and those who don't want to go to the terrace (family, elderly etc) now can avail of more affordable stand tickets. Schoolkids can go to the stand OR terrace for €10.

Now for the love of jebus, market the hell out of this Munster and tell everyone that won't find this out by themselves.

Munster seem to have details on whether the other fixtures are home or away:

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18889.php#.U-y0w_ldXsZ

Eod100 wrote: »
    Munster seem to have details on whether the other fixtures are home or away:

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18889.php#.U-y0w_ldXsZ

It's on the ECPR website, no insider knowledge there!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Have to win the first three games. Fairly sure the pool will come down to who gets the most bonus points and I don't really see two teams coming out of the pool.

It's on the ECPR website, no insider knowledge there!

Ah so it is! Spotted TBAs under venue while ignoring order of teams so didn't realise! D'oh! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

5/6/7 Dec Clermont (H)
    12/13/14 Clermont (A)

Don't mind that we've weakest side up first. Home game last and versus weakest side in pool if we need big win to qualify. 3 wins needed from opening 3 games as we'll struggle with Clermont and Sarries away in a row if results needed

On another note, the tickets for the initial Pro12 matches are out. Much cheaper than last season! I'll probably go to one or two more than I planned.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/guinness-pro12-munster-rugby-v-limerick-city-09-05-2014/event/18004D0C97EA0EC4?artistid=33318&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=225

Fair play to Munster for this, the tiering is now a lot better and those who don't want to go to the terrace (family, elderly etc) now can avail of more affordable stand tickets. Schoolkids can go to the stand OR terrace for €10.

Now for the love of jebus, market the hell out of this Munster and tell everyone that won't find this out by themselves.
    Grand so I should ideally be able get to a good few games for a tenner :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I see tickets for the leinster munster game in the aviva are on presale Monday.

Presale mean they are for leinster supporters club members?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Glenviewjf wrote: »

Yeah we get a code and can buy several a piece per account

Don't mind that we've weakest side up first. Home game last and versus weakest side in pool if we need big win to qualify. 3 wins needed from opening 3 games as we'll struggle with Clermont and Sarries away in a row if results needed

We've an absolutely awful record though in our first matches against supposedly weak teams: Montauban, London Irish, Racing Metro, Edinburgh...

I mean we should win but...
    Grand so I should ideally be able get to a good few games for a tenner :D

I've seen you go on about essays in..eh..another part of the internets. You don't sound like a schoolkid to me. :pac:

I better warn the stewards. If they see a guy who is obsessed with youth rugby and AIL who tries to get in as a schoolkid, he's probably not legit! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

MRSC will get an allocation and there is usually no problem getting a ticket

Seems to be a decent amount of tickets sold for that match already..

Think they could def do some marketing towards students. Know they used have student ticket offers during the year but only available at UL for some reason. Think Cork City FC have a similar thing going on in UCC for students.

Think they could def do some marketing towards students. Know they used have student ticket offers during the year but only available at UL for some reason. Think Cork City FC have a similar thing going on in UCC for students.

An idea could be to organise a partnership with a niteclub and allow free entry with a Munster ticket on the same night or something like that. Try to market it as an extended night out!

Anyway this better tiering is a good step in the right direction. People who want to pay for better seats can, people who want a cheap seat can get that too. Everyone's happy.

season ticket holders

Riskymove wrote: »
    season ticket holders

Was thinking it could be that, would make more sense as I didn't realise tickets were even on sale yet. No links up via Munster site anyways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

MRSC will get an allocation and there is usually no problem getting a ticket

First year with MRSC and season ticket so all new to me in that sense.

Do we get a code aswell or just wait for general sale?

First year with MRSC and season ticket so all new to me in that sense.

Do we get a code aswell or just wait for general sale?

no they will just put them on sale to members

keep an eye on www.mrsc.ie for news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

Munster and Ireland fixtures as they are today

Date Day Time Comp Home Visitors Venue TV
    Sat 23 Aug Sat 15:00 Friendly Gloucester Munster Kingsholm
    Fri 29 Aug Fri 19:30 Friendly Munster London Irish Waterford RSC
    05/09/14 Fri 19:35 PRO12 Munster Edinburgh Thomond Park TG4
    12/13/14 Sep PRO12 Treviso Munster Stadio Monigo
    19/09/14 Fri 19:30 PRO12 Munster Zebre Thomond Park
    27/09/14 Sat 18:30 PRO12 Munster Ospreys Thomond Park Sky
    04/10/14 Sat 18:30 PRO12 Leinster Munster AVIVA Stadium Sky
    10/10/14 Fri 19:35 PRO12 Munster Scarlets Thomond Park TG4
    10/11/12 Oct B&I Cup Munster A Moseley TBA
    18/10/14 Sat 13:00 EPCR Sale Munster AJ Bell Stadium Sky
    17/18/19 Oct B&I Cup Worcester Munster A Sixways
    24/10/14 Fri 19:45 EPCR Munster Saracens Thomond Park BT Spt
    24/25/26 Oct B&I Cup Nottingham Munster A Meadow Lane
    01/11/14 Sat 17:15 PRO12 Cardiff Munster BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park Sky
    Sat 8 Nov Sat 17:30 GS Ireland South Africa AVIVA Stadium
    Sun 16 Nov Sun 14:30 GS Ireland Georgia AVIVA Stadium
    21/22/23 Nov PRO12 Dragons Munster Rodney Parade
    Sat 22 Nov Sat 16:30 GS Ireland Australia AVIVA Stadium
    28/11/14 Fri 19:35 PRO12 Munster Ulster Thomond Park TG4
    28/29/30 Nov B&I Cup Munster A Nottingham TBA
    4/5/6/7 Dec EPCR Munster Clermont
    5/6/7 Dec B&I Cup Munster A Worcester TBA
    11/12/13/14 Dec EPCR Clermont Munster
    12/13/14 Dec B&I Cup Moseley Munster A Billesley Common
    20/12/14 Sat 14:40 PRO12 Glasgow Munster Scotstoun Stadium Sky
    26/12/14 Fri 17:00 PRO12 Munster Leinster Thomond Park TG4
    01/01/15 Thur 17:00 PRO12 Connacht Munster Sportsground TG4
    10/01/15 Sat 16:00 PRO12 Zebre Munster Stadio XXV Aprile
    15/16/17/18 Jan EPCR Saracens Munster
    23/24/25/26 Jan EPCR Munster Sale
    Sat 7 Feb Sat 15:30 6N Italy Ireland Stadio Olimpico
    13/14/15 Feb PRO12 Munster Blues TBA
    Sat 14 Feb Sat 17:30 6N Ireland France AVIVA Stadium
    20/21/22 Feb PRO12 Scarlets Munster Parc y Scarlets
    27/28 Feb, 1 Mar PRO12 Munster Glasgow TBA
    Sun 1 Mar Sun 15:00 6N Ireland England AVIVA Stadium
    6/7/8 Mar PRO12 Ospreys Munster Liberty Stadium
    Sat 14 Mar Sat 14:30 6N Wales Ireland Millennium Stadium
    Sat 21 Mar Sat 14:30 6N Scotland Ireland BT Murrayfield
    27/28/29 Mar PRO12 Munster Connacht TBA
    2/4/5 Apr EPCR QF
    10/11/12 Apr PRO12 Edinburgh Munster BT Murrayfield
    17/18/19 Apr EPCR SF
    24/25/26 Apr PRO12 Munster Treviso TBA
    1/2 May EPCR Final
    8/9/10 May PRO12 Ulster Munster Kingspan Stadium
    15/16/17 May PRO12 Munster Dragons TBA
    22/23/24 May PRO12-S/F TBA
    22/23/24 May PRO12-S/F TBA
    29/30/31 May PRO12-F TBA

Munster Sports Travel - packages for Sale Game
    SALE SHARKS v MUNSTER

Venue: SalfordCity Stadium - 18th October KO 12:45

Packages include: Return Flight - Airport Transfers - Hotel BB

Package 1:1 Night Trip Ex Shannon or Cork to Manchester

Flight Option A ex CORK:
    18 Oct Flight departs CorkAirport at 07:00 Arr Manchester APT at 08:35
    19 Oct Flight departs Manchester Apt at 09:05 Arr Cork Apt at 10:40

Flight Option B ex SHANNON:
    18 Oct Flight departs ShannonAirport at 06:50 Arr Manchester at 08:20
    19 Oct Flight departs Manchester Apt at 08:50 Arr Shannon at 10:25

Flight Option C ex DUBLIN:
    18 Oct Flight departs DublinAirport at 06:30 Arr Manchester at 07:30
    19 Oct Flight departs Manchester Apt at 11:40 Arr Dublin at 12:50

Hotel: Holiday Inn Express Manchester or Similiar BB

PACKAGE COSTS
    €225 pps plus airport tax €65
    Single Supplement €60
    Match ticket extra : € TBA (Guaranteed Ticket)

Nearly 300pp and no match ticket? Ah here. Don't waste your money on that... (Not a reflection of you phog, you're only the messenger.)

I'd say there are plenty of travel options to Manchester. Friday morning from Dublin for example is €9.99. The AJ Bell stadium is a 20 minute drive from the airport.

I get booking a package for somewhere like Clermont that appears awkward to get to but Manchester is a huge city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Interesting interview with ROG floating around suggesting the signings of Laulala & Charteris were his idea

• Advertisement

dub to manchester return flight is €75

Also Liverpool flights are frequent and cheap. Train from there to Manchester can be as short as 30 mins, 1hour10 max. And cost less than £15 most of the time.

thetrainline.com

in genral getting to the UK should not be expensive, there are simply too many options

Clermont however!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Nearly 300pp and no match ticket? Ah here. Don't waste your money on that... (Not a reflection of you phog, you're only the messenger.)

I'd say there are plenty of travel options to Manchester. Friday morning from Dublin for example is €9.99. The AJ Bell stadium is a 20 minute drive from the airport.

I get booking a package for somewhere like Clermont that appears awkward to get to but Manchester is a huge city.

I've flights Dublin to Manchester and 2 nights hotel booked for €200. That Munster Sports Travel is a rip off.
    If your willing to fly via the UK you can get anywhere in France. I did the semi final in Montpelier the season before last for half the price they quoted.

I've flights Dublin to Manchester and 2 nights hotel booked for €200. That Munster Sports Travel is a rip off.
    If your willing to fly via the UK you can get anywhere in France. I did the semi final in Montpelier the season before last for half the price they quoted.

I've done DIY trips and used Killester Travel, this trip is expensive but they do run a good trip. Their day trips can be good value for their package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Any academy players expected to make the step up this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

case885 wrote: »
    Any academy players expected to make the step up this season?
    Hopefully we will see Jack O Donoghue make his senior debut now that he's finished playing under 20s. Pre season game in Waterford could see him get some game-time.
    But biggest thing to see from the whole group of players in the academy is consistent enough game time with the A team. Very few of squad have played British and Irish Cup for any significant number of games

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jimbo94s

I have heard from a very reliable source that Stephen Fitzgerald, Greg O Shea, Sean McCarthy and Darren Sweetnam are all starting for Munster against Gloucester next weekend.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I paid €20 for a return trip. Out Friday night and back Sunday morning.

jimbo94s wrote: »
    I have heard from a very reliable source that Stephen Fitzgerald, Greg O Shea, Sean McCarthy and Darren Sweetnam are all starting for Munster against Gloucester next weekend.

It wouldn't be a surprise really. Last season they used 30 players during the friendly at TP.

I paid €20 for a return trip. Out Friday night and back Sunday morning.

Was that Ryanair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Sherry out for another 5-6 months. You have to feel for the guy. Big opportunity for Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Hagz wrote: »
    Sherry out for another 5-6 months. You have to feel for the guy. Big opportunity for Casey.

Didn't see that, what happened? Is this a new issue?
    Edit. Just saw what cookie posted

Hagz wrote: »

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18907.php
    As well as the Sherry news.
    Keith Earls is also out for four to five weeks
    Van den Heever will remain side-lined for another four to five weeks
    Luke O'Dea knee bruising will keep him out for three to four weeks
    Damien Varley will continue to manage a foot injury for another three to four weeks.

Lets hope Casey is fit for the start of the season, because Varley looks to be touch and go.

If Ger Slattery is available I reckon we'll see him back involved again. After our four senior players the next hooker is Max Abbott from the academy (Year 1). Is Scannell fit, I think I remember reading that he wasn't?

Earls gone for a month after "twinging his knee". Jesus wept. He's our version of Fitzgerald.

Edit: In saying that he played 18 matches last season. I was sure he was injured at some stage last year?

• Advertisement

If Ger Slattery is available I reckon we'll see him back involved again. After our four senior players the next hooker is Max Abbott from the academy (Year 1). Is Scannell fit, I think I remember reading that he wasn't?

Earls gone for a month after "twinging his knee". Jesus wept. He's our version of Fitzgerald.

Edit: In saying that he played 18 matches last season. I was sure he was injured at some stage last year?

Not sure about Slats but Abbott has been training with the seniors.

Didn't he miss the 6 nations due to injury? Think he then got injured again in Ireland camp and missed the summer tour. Moral of the story? Keith needs to stay away from international training camps :)

Not sure about Slats but Abbott has been training with the seniors.

Call up for Quentin McDonald?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

phog wrote: »
    Call up for Quentin McDonald?

Not sure he'd be available till October. He's playing for Tasman in the ITM Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Flannery might make a return to hooker seeing as hes around ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What's the story with Donnacha Ryan?

Ger Slattery is back training with the squad.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't bring McDonald back. Give a local player a chance first. Our opponents aren't exactly top notch in the first few matches.

Has James Rael found a new club after getting released by Connacht?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement