Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sportsfile pics from Training

Good to see a few lads that were out injured back doing a bit a training

964258.jpg

964157.jpg

964158.jpg

964151.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Munster: Felix Jones; Andrew Conway, Keith Earls, Denis Hurley - capt., Luke O'Dea; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O'Byrne, Stephen Archer; Donncha O'Callaghan, Billy Holland; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Eusebio Guinazu, John Ryan, BJ Botha, Jack O'Donoghue, Paddy Butler, Neil Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Ivan Dineen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Munster: Felix Jones; Andrew Conway, Keith Earls, Denis Hurley - capt., Luke O'Dea; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; Dave Kilcoyne, Kevin O'Byrne, Stephen Archer; Donncha O'Callaghan, Billy Holland; Dave O'Callaghan, Tommy O'Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Eusebio Guinazu, John Ryan, BJ Botha, Jack O'Donoghue, Paddy Butler, Neil Cronin, JJ Hanrahan, Ivan Dineen.

Thomond is going to be furious with you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

WHY U IGNORE MATCH THREAD :mad:

Won't happen again! Apologies

I didn't know Boards.ie was a mistake free zone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

WHY U IGNORE MATCH THREAD :mad:

Not ignoring the thread, just the Leinster season ticket holder who created it!
    :)

Wang King wrote: »
    Not ignoring the thread, just the Leinster season ticket holder who created it!
    :)

Below the belt brother, below the belt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

He's just jealous he's missing out on such glamour fixtures in the RDS like last week!

... oh, wait...

.ak wrote: »
    He's just jealous he's missing out on such glamour fixtures in the RDS like last week!

... oh, wait...

That match against Dragons got called off, didn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

That match against Dragons got called off, didn't it?

Well there's no TV evidence to the contrary, so... sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

I Munster need a signing at th, if they are lucky it will be a big name project with significant currie cup and some super rugby experience. If they are unlucky it will be an extension of bothas contract

Reckon he will still be here next season tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭jacothelad

True. Hence the user name....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Won't happen again! Apologies

I didn't know Boards.ie was a mistake free zone!

He was only having a laugh.

jacothelad wrote: »
    True. Hence the user name....:D

He can be glad I changed my name, else he'd have been in bigger trouble !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Would love to see a backrow of 6. Stander 7. POM 8. JOD
    Is there enough balance to it though?

TOD & Butler must be doubts for next week as both left the field due to suffering head injuries.

Back row next week could be CJ, Dougall & JOD

Will JJ start?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Will JJ start?

Not at 10 unless Keatley is called back into the Irish camp. Foley isn't one for changing.

Did Niall Scannell play with Dolphin at the weekend?
    Im suprised KOB is ahead of him, might he be leaving in the summer?

Will JJ start?

Why would he if Keatley is available?

• Advertisement

He's running ability and nose for tries offers something different - why do you assume he would play 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

case885 wrote: »
    Did Niall Scannell play with Dolphin at the weekend?
    Im suprised KOB is ahead of him, might he be leaving in the summer?
    Don't know if Scannell did play or not. Check Fridays papers etc as team may be named there. or contact Dolphin on iwtter.
    Why the surprise KOB is ahead of him? KOB was class act at age grade, went to Connacht for a period and came back got contract here

Don't know if Scannell did play or not. Check Fridays papers etc as team may be named there. or contact Dolphin on iwtter.
    Why the surprise KOB is ahead of him? KOB was class act at age grade, went to Connacht for a period and came back got contract here

You'd rate him ahead of Scannell then? Scannell was a class act too considering he was Ireland U20 captain.

He's running ability and nose for tries offers something different - why do you assume he would play 10?

Because it's his favorite position, he probably offers more off the bench now that he covers so many positions.

It's his favourite position but JJ doesn't pick the team - he's been playing full back more than 10 lately - I think his form deserves a starting position at this point at 15 or 10 or midfield or wherever - just my opinion- especially if jones is being kept with the Ireland squad...

If Jones is in Irish camp then JJ would be a great bet at FB.

What has happened to Johne Murphy? If ever there was a fall from grace, his last 18 Months have been horrific. His contract is up in the summer I think, I'm presuming he will be released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

What has happened to Johne Murphy? If ever there was a fall from grace, his last 18 Months have been horrific. His contract is up in the summer I think, I'm presuming he will be released?

Got injured in training a while back, broke his hand if I remember right.

Seen pics of him back training last week.

]

He picked up a few injuries which allowed other players jump ahead of him, currently out with a hand injury.

• Advertisement

He got an injury (hand injury I think) and is back to full contact. He hasn't been impressive this season and will definitely be released. There's enough quality back three players in the squad plus Murphy is now 30.

But even before his injury, in Penneys last season, he had a great purple patch and then, bang, he just fell away.
    Has he any realistic chance of a new contract?

But even before his injury, in Penneys last season, he had a great purple patch and then, bang, he just fell away.
    Has he any realistic chance of a new contract?

I just don't see why he would be kept. He was good last season when others were injured but lost out in a fully fit backline. The only reason he might get a new deal is to cover Earls, Zebo and Jones at the World Cup but even then there will be ROM, Conway, Sweetnam and possibly LOD and GVDH around to compensate. Plus there are 4 back three players in the academy.

Wasn't Johne one of the guys slated on the dreaded email for his attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Wasn't Johne one of the guys slated on the dreaded email for his attitude?

Yes, he and Dineen got both barrels in it.

Looks like Tommy should be ok for next weekend

However, Munster coach Anthony Foley was confident the flanker would be cleared for a potential recall to the national squad ahead of the clash against England.

"Tommy failed his concussion protocol test so had to come off but he was in the dressing-room after the game talking about the penalty he gave away, pleading his case, so I wouldn't imagine it's too serious. But we will take all the necessary precautions with a head injury," said Foley.

• Advertisement

Cotter adds to his national squad

Scrum-half Chris Cusiter and prop Moray Low have been called up from English Premiership clubs Sale Sharks and Exeter Chiefs, along with Glasgow Warriors duo Adam Ashe (number 8) and Alex Allan (prop), and Edinburgh Rugby number 8 David Denton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Interesting email from Mrsc about egm. Looks like people want to remove the priority season ticket holders have when it comes to ticket allocations

athtrasna wrote: »
    Interesting email from Mrsc about egm. Looks like people want to remove the priority season ticket holders have when it comes to ticket allocations

Yeah, that what it looks like.

It proposes to remove this from the club constitution
    A. Within each category of membership, members with a combined season ticket (i.e. a season ticket for both Thomond Park Stadium and Musgrave Park) will have priority over fellow members within the same category with a single - venue season ticket (i.e. a season ticket for either Thomond Park Stadium or Musgrave Park). Members with a single-venue season ticket will in turn have priority over members with no season ticket.

What's the thinking behind that? The current system is fine as it is IMO. On the face of it removing that paragraph removes an incentive to be a STH.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

STHs should be a clubs #1 priority. Does the MRSC have control of ticket distribution when it comes to ticket games?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    STHs should be a clubs #1 priority. Does the MRSC have control of ticket distribution when it comes to ticket games?

From what i can see it only refers to the away European Cup allocation. Allocation was especially small for the Sale and Saracens games this year and i think only full STH with dual venue were eligible. This would bring STH's with a single venue into that lottery then as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

What's the thinking behind that? The current system is fine as it is IMO. On the face of it removing that paragraph removes an incentive to be a STH.

If you were back of the queue for additional ticket allocations, what is/was the incentive to be a non-STH-member?

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

slingerz wrote: »
    From what i can see it only refers to the away European Cup allocation. Allocation was especially small for the Sale and Saracens games this year and i think only full STH with dual venue were eligible. This would bring STH's with a single venue into that lottery then as well

It would also bring non-STHs in which hardly seems fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

awec wrote: »
    It would also bring non-STHs in which hardly seems fair.

Afaik it will stay full members first then associate members then the general publicTo be a full member you need to be a season ticket holder of some sort.

Right?

Also only full members get to vote.

I think there are 3 categories of Full Members

1. Member with tickets for both venues (TP & IIP)
    2. Member with tickets for either stadium
    3. A member who didn't purchase any tickets

The current rule is if we get tickets for an away Cup game then the members with combined tickets would get first option.

Now it looks like all members will have same call on the away tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭touts

Afaik it will stay full members first then associate members then the general publicTo be a full member you need to be a season ticket holder of some sort.

Right?

Also only full members get to vote.

Are there still "Full" and "Associate" members. I thought with the increased capacity in Thomond Park and the fall in demand in the recession everyone who wanted got made a "full" member as long as they bought a season ticket.

touts wrote: »
    Are there still "Full" and "Associate" members. I thought with the increased capacity in Thomond Park and the fall in demand in the recession everyone who wanted got made a "full" member as long as they bought a season ticket.

Full member is a season ticket holder and associate member doesnt have any season ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You have to have a season ticket to be a full member

athtrasna wrote: »
    You have to have a season ticket to be a full member

I thought you could opt out of buying tickets for one season and remain on as a full member - maybe this was for one year only.

I also thought we had 10yr TP ticket holders who were/are full members.

TBH, I'm not really sure.

Conor Murray's first try for Munster
    #MondayMemory @ConorMurray_9's 1st Munster try: vGlasgow in Cork '12 . Warriors return to @Independent_ie Park on Sat pic.twitter.com/dyKlkuMF27

B-h-oanIYAAhxLb.jpg:large

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement