Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats. Please Help

• 07-07-2014 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a qca 2.5 first year and got d1, do I have to repeat it? very confused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

No.
    It's an optional repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Hatch92

RachealB wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a qca 2.5 first year and got d1, do I have to repeat it? very confused.

Its an optional repeat so if i was you i wouldnt repeat it as first year qca dosent count towards your final degree for most courses.

First year is mostly an adjustment year so you should be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Hatch92 wrote: »
    Its an optional repeat so if i was you i wouldnt repeat it

Just to make what Hatch92 said a little clearer:
    If you're a first year, then it's an optional repeat that won't impact your final QCA. If you're not a first year, then it's an optional repeat that will impact your final QCA. (Bringing a D1 to a C3, the capped repeat value, would positively impact on your QCA)

Regardless of what year you're in, the grade will always be visible on a full transcript.

Advertisement