Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Hillbrook Woods, Blanchardstown like?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

I'm gonna be renting a place in Hillbrook Woods soon, it's just off Blanchardstown SC, how is it area wise, is it rough? is it a secure area? etc currently I live in City centre...

any info will be appreciated, Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

There is a lot of overspill of anti-social behaviour from sheepmoor/fortlawn behind it. What is worse is that people in Hillbrook Woods aren't seen as local so the people in the adjacent estates don't see them as their own.
    Blanch Road South is busy and noisy. The traffic tails back at weekends.
    Houses are not especially well built and can be cold but are still better built than a lot of the property built at the time.
    As this is a social housing\affordable housing estate the houses should not officially be let out to third parties unless the house was sold on since the estate was first released.
    Beware carbon monoxide in the houses with Gas Heating. Apartments have electric heating.
    Beware sewage overflow in the back gardens although this was a very limited problem but you won't like it if your garden is the one where it overflows.
    Public areas were not generally well maintained but you should be able to see that yourself if that is still the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭D_D

There is a lot of overspill of anti-social behaviour from sheepmoor/fortlawn behind it. What is worse is that people in Hillbrook Woods aren't seen as local so the people in the adjacent estates don't see them as their own.
    Blanch Road South is busy and noisy. The traffic tails back at weekends.
    Houses are not especially well built and can be cold but are still better built than a lot of the property built at the time.
    As this is a social housing\affordable housing estate the houses should not officially be let out to third parties unless the house was sold on since the estate was first released.
    Beware carbon monoxide in the houses with Gas Heating. Apartments have electric heating.
    Beware sewage overflow in the back gardens although this was a very limited problem but you won't like it if your garden is the one where it overflows.
    Public areas were not generally well maintained but you should be able to see that yourself if that is still the case.

Sounds like a dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Too close to people living off your taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

There are a lot better places in D15. What has you going there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I agree with other posters. My friend lives there, the houses are small, cold, strangely prone to insect invasions and the walls are paper thin. The road outside can be quite noisy, particularly when the circus/funfair set up in the park directly across the road from you. With regards to antisocial behaviour is slightly better than most areas in blanch as you don't get much foot traffic on the actual estate, bar a walk way that comes straight in from Sheepmoor. If your house is down the other end you are much better off as it's quieter. In terms of security, personally, I'm not a fan of these houses, as the front door opens directly into your living room, and anyone passing by on the road can see directly in through your window unless you have heavy blinds closed. Just for me, I wouldn't feel safe living there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Thank you all folks...

My missus was starting a job near Blanch IT and she doesn't drive...so we thought until she start driving we'll live close by from where she can walk to work...it's been two months now since we moved and so far we've haven't seen any anti-social behaviour.....Thank god....touch wood...

As it is parallel to the Blanch South Road, there's a bit of noise all the time but in a way it is good, that it keeps anti-social elements away...and coming from city centre we're a bit used to the noise.

I do agree about the fun fair/ Circus as there was one last week...I think the whole of Blanch was there and it felt like it was happening in our back yard...:D

Also with the weather still being very warm we hadn't noticed any cold so far...

All in all, so far we hadn't had any negative experiences and long it may continue ( 10 months :))...thanks folks

Advertisement