Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bar for Premier League Games

Options
  • 07-07-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions please as to the best sports bar in Carlow to watch premier league televised matches in? Are there any bars with SKY Italia or equivalent so that show more Saturday 3pm games than Setanta offer? I would would appreciate any guidance and suggestions. Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

KeithVal1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions please as to the best sports bar in Carlow to watch premier league televised matches in? Are there any bars with SKY Italia or equivalent so that show more Saturday 3pm games than Setanta offer? I would would appreciate any guidance and suggestions. Cheers

Not a drinker myself so I wouldn't really know.

Brennans in Graiguecullen always have banners outside advertising that they air Sky Sports Matches, not sure about Setanta.

Personally I wouldn't go near the place as it's a total sh*thole imo...

The crowd that frequents there normally aren't great and the bathrooms... Good luck!

Maybe try Ewings at the top of the town or Dicey's in Graigue?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

I'ld 2nd that opinion of brennans. Ewings seems tobe proving very popular with lots of people & it is a nice pub with pool area out back. Diceys usually has a good selection of sports showing so you should check out there too. Further uptown you have scraggs front bar which has a two (small) tvs which nearly always have some sort of sport on, or further up, the barracks, which shows lots of sports too.

Advertisement