Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from GAA

Options
  • 07-07-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

incredulous at this ban.

there is a thread on the GAA forum - state your unpopular opinions about aspects of GAA/football/hurling - i emphasize "unpopular"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057228928

the very title of the thread suggests that there will be much debate and possibly offence taken at certain posts. There are many remarks made about certain players/counties.

I contributed to the thread by stating my unpopular opinion in a short sentence.

i was then asked to expand on this by another contributor and I did so.

for this - the opinion stated and why i feel that way - i have been given a 1 week ban for "trolling".

its completely nonsensical as there were no series of WUM-type posts that would typically justify a ban for trolling. my opinion was no more controversial than any of the numerous others subjectively put down on the thread by other contributors.

The mod. has communicated via PM with me and it seems certain posts i made in the past unrelated to this thread have landed me with the ban more so than the posts on this particular thread.

2 posts result in a ban for Trolling on a thread where we are invited to contribute "unpopular" opinions - ridiculous stuff from a Moderator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

Have you contacted the moderator that banned yolu to see if you can resolve this via PM as per the 1st step of this process?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭freddiek

I did yes. he told me to go this route.

Hi,

i'll get around to looking at your issue this afternoon.

thanks

Hi Frediek,

After looking at your ban for trolling I'm going to uphold the mods decision based on a few things.

1) This isnt your first ban for trolling/winding up people regarding Dublin players across both codes.

2) You've been told not to post about Dublin players and their family routes on more than 1 occasion.
    freddiek, your obsession with the parentage of Dublin players is quite baffling. As a result, for your benefit as much as everyone else's, do not post in this thread again or you'll be banned (again).

Continue your strange line of posting on other threads and you'll also be banned.

This goes back to August last year and you've had a similar warnning in July 2013 and in November 2013 Hammer Archer again warned you not to post such silly claims.

You then stated this in the opinions thread
    freddiek wrote: »
    Dublin footballers whose parents come from other counties should not be eligible to play for the Dubs.

Despite numerous warning from the mods you've continued down this trolling road.

As a consequence, opinion or not, after numerous mod warnings, I will not be lifting this ban and would advise you to change your tune, its getting tiresome at this stage.

Anyway, you can ask an Admin to review decision if you so wish.

Advertisement