Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Loan

Options
  • 07-07-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering how do I go about asking for a loan from the BOI to buy a car? I have an account with BOI for at least 10 years now and am in full time employment for over a year (just changed jobs recently). Do I have to contact my local branch to make an appointment and what would I need to bring with me?

Also I would like to open a second account that I can deposit money into from my first account as I am saving for my wedding in 2 years time (or save some run away money as my mam calls it :P). Again do I need to make an appointment and what will I need to bring with me? Or could I do the two things at the same time?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi martinak89

Thanks for your post today.

It's not necessary to physically call into a branch to apply for a loan with us. This page here will help you apply online for a car loan. The information/ documents required are decided on a case to case basis. When you apply online, a colleague will contact you with an update generally within the next 48 hours. 

Another option, you can phone our Lending Department on 0818 200 334, a colleague can go take the application and advise of any supporting documentation that they may need. Our lines are opened Monday-Friday 8 am-8 pm.

If you prefer, you can visit a nearby branch, an appointment will be necessary and can be made here 

You can also use the one request in the above link for opening a second account and applying for a loan. When opening a second account, you will need to bring along photo identification (passport or driving license) and a recent utility bill within the last 3 months.

You mention, the second account will be for saving, you can have a look here at the different accounts we have available and choose an account that best suits you. Some of these accounts can be opened by logging into your account via Bank of Ireland 365, no branch appointment necessary! 

If you need a little help making your choice, our Deposit Team are on hand to talk through the options with you and help you choose. You can call on 0818 200 347 or if you like, you can use the Call Back option on the above link.

Congrats on the engagement, I'm sure the wedding plans will keep you busy (love your Mam's back up plan !!).

Hope the information helps, any other questions, just ask!  

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement