Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free to air box in spare room

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi guys.. we had an old sky box in sitting room giving us the free to air channels. Today sky came and set up a proper box and subscription so I want to use the spare box in bedroom for free to air channels again. Im just unsure what leads I need going into which sockets on box and tv... the room has an antenna plug next to socket we were told whole house was hooked up for sky and the tv is a new samsung smart tv if that helps.. I have antenna cabels and hdmi cables but cant seem to get it working again in the bedroom.. any suggestions on what im missing and which leads go where ? Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

You need a cable to come directly from the L.N.B on your satellite dish. The box is then connected to the T.V. using a scart or hdmi cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

Thanks for your reply. How do I know if this is done? The landlord said the whole house was sky ready so I presumed it was all wired accordingly! Im not sure if im trying the right connections on the back of box to wall. I have a hdmi cable alright to get to telly but cant seem to find the signal

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

the room has an antenna plug next to socket we were told whole house was hooked up for sky and the tv is a new samsung smart tv if that helps.. I have antenna cabels and hdmi cables but cant seem to get it working again in the bedroom.. any suggestions on what im missing and which leads go where ?

Is the antenna point next to the socket a screw-on type (F-connector) or push-in type?

Satellite feeds from the dish are F-connector type.

Maybe the antenna socket is fed from the main TV point via the Sky RF2 output? Difficult to give more advice without knowing how the house is wired for Sky.

Advertisement