Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ri Ra Irish pub work

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi has anyone worked for Ri Ra Irish pubs in USA. I have a interview in a couple of weeks and need to know what type of questions they ask. What are they like to work for, any advice would be really appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

I don't know anyone who works there, but I go to the Atlantic City, NJ Ri Ra quite a lot. All the workers I've talked to seem to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Holly111

Hi, I just had an interview with them. How did yours go??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 J112

Holly111 wrote: »

I don't think i got it but I no why so I'm going to re apply for the October dates ðŸ˜႒. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

How does the work visas work out. Do you pay them back while working for them.

Is it only for a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

cena wrote: »
    How does the work visas work out. Do you pay them back while working for them.

Is it only for a year?

Yeah, 1 year. They pay for everything to get you there and then you agree to a payment plan with them and pay them back over the course of the year. It would only be about $1800 so it is doable.

I had an interview with them and got offered the job but unfortunately had to decline. Good luck to anyone doing interviews or heading over. They sounded nice to work for.

• Advertisement

I got the job and accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

I got the job and accepted!

Congrats, what city you heading to?

I'm surprised they aren't in new York.

Have they ever kept someone on after the year

I don't know which location I will be placed in until after the visa process. fingers crossed for vegas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leyoungfella

Hey Holly im goin for Vegas too. God I hope I get Vegas!!

• Advertisement

Me too, I think everybody probably going for vegas as first choice though so I dont really know what to put for my second. How far along are you on the visa application stuff??

hi Holly, I got Vegas!! Yeehaw!! what about you? im looking at flying out mid Oct they tell me. I am after sending the deposit.

holly I got vegas, what about you? I should be there mid Oct.

Holly111 wrote:
    Me too, I think everybody probably going for vegas as first choice though so I dont really know what to put for my second. How far along are you on the visa application stuff??

I got Vegas Holly, what about you? I should be over there in 3 weeks! Yeehaw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

hi Holly, I got Vegas!! Yeehaw!! what about you? im looking at flying out mid Oct they tell me. I am after sending the deposit.
    holly I got vegas, what about you? I should be there mid Oct.
    I got Vegas Holly, what about you? I should be over there in 3 weeks! Yeehaw!!

I'm beginning to think leyoungfella got Vegas, but I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

old_aussie wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think leyoungfella got Vegas, but I could be wrong

Talk about jumping to conclusions. :rolleyes:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 caffrey28

Hi I have an interview with them next wk, any advice for it.thanks :)

why do you need a degree to work in one if there pubs?

It is not like it is rocket science to serve people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

cena wrote: »
    why do you need a degree to work in one if there pubs?

It is not like it is rocket science to serve people.

you don't need a degree to work in a pub, you need a degree for the visa - that is the main difference.

What you also need to work in a bar is the skills to know all the traditional drinks and cocktails, cash out, tip out etc etc. I went to the dingiest dirtiest bar with friends near Omaha last year (i don't drink) and my friends said it was the best manhattan they had ever had.

it's slightly different to the local on a Sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mickybyrne

Hi
    I just had an interview could someone tell me how long it took to hear back thanks

• Advertisement

caffrey28 wrote: »
    Hi I have an interview with them next wk, any advice for it.thanks :)

Hey i just had an interview too have you heard back yet?? As am starting too think i didnt get it

Hey mind telling how long it took to hear back from ri ra
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Don't want to derail the thread, but isn't it illegal to pay for your own visa? Sounds shady.

Advertisement