Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blayney Rockets 10m Road Race 26th July

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Namrog

I hear its a relatively flat course, for Monaghan that is !!

Troubled with a glute problem and pain in hamstring, anyone any ideas how to shift it, its a bit of a drag. :-(. Concerned about hills at the minute !!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

bigslice wrote: »
    Folks,

New race on Saturday 26th July been organised by Blayney Rockets AC. The rockets have been running for a number of years but this year they have registered with AAI.

This is the first race they are hosting. The race is a 10mile road race which is AAI measured and approved. Very scenic course round Lough Muckno, Co Monaghan. Garmin connect link below.

Registration €15 on runireland or €20 on the day. Race starts at 11am. http://www.active.com/co-monaghan-ulster/running/distance-running-races/blayney-rockets-ac-10-mile-road-race-2014

Any questions just ask me. Thanks

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/535528017?fb_action_ids=785182781532360&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%7B%22785182781532360%22%3A680227162033081%7D&action_type_map=%7B%22785182781532360%22%3A%22og.likes%22%7D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

There has been a Monaghan 10 miler on the past few years. Is this a new one or an amendment of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

NiallG4 wrote: »
    There has been a Monaghan 10 miler on the past few years. Is this a new one or an amendment of the race.

NiallG4,

The monaghan 10 miler is in mid August run by the Monaghan Town runners in Monaghan Town.

This is a new race in Castleblayney on 26th July. Its on a very good course and has been AAI measured.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

bigslice wrote: »
    NiallG4,

The monaghan 10 miler is in mid August run by the Monaghan Town runners in Monaghan Town.

This is a new race in Castleblayney on 26th July. Its on a very good course and has been AAI measured.

Sounds good. I am away on hols but I will tell the boys and ladies in the club. I think Jim measured it for you. It should suit people upping the training for Dublin in October.

• Advertisement

NiallG4 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I am away on hols but I will tell the boys and ladies in the club. I think Jim measured it for you. It should suit people upping the training for Dublin in October.

Yeah, Jim would have measured it. Cheers, any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takestan

You don't seem to start and finish at same place. How far between the 2

Takestan wrote: »
    You don't seem to start and finish at same place. How far between the 2

Registration will be at finish point. The start is a short walk or run away, about 750m. A nice warm up jog or walk, the route will be clear on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Takestan

Sounds good I believe this race is rd2 of monaghan AAI county league good initiative

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

I ran this route on Sunday morning. Its a great route, mostly on quiet countryside roads with great scenery. Its mostly flat so a PB could be had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭digdeep

Might be of interest to some folk. There is a big play park not far from the start of the race. Could make a family day out of it!

Playground newly opened with swings, slides ,climbing frames etc, keep the kids occupied , also lovely scenic walks and places for picnics

Online entry closes for this on Runireland on Thursday night at 10pm. Online entry is 15euro and 20euro on the day.

Registration is at the finish point at the GAA grounds in Castleblayney, registration on the morning will close at 10.30 sharp as the start line is at Lough Muckno, about 750m away, so please allow time to get there. Will be directions and signposted from the registration to the finish.

All runners will be chip timed and will be dressing rooms/showers available at registration/finish.

Finishers medals for everyone, category prizes and water/tea/coffee/refreshments at the finish.

Thanks

Run took place on Saturday last and feedback has been very good. The race itself went very smoothly and had 158 finishers, times are on chipit.ie. Winner was Conor Duffy with a great run in just over 53mins for the 10miles.

Everyone involved in the club and race very happy with how it all went. Thanks to all who took part and helped on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

I took part and greatly enjoyed this race. Highlights included views over the lakes, a serenade by a piper and a fantastic stadium finish.

Advertisement