Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmr ammo for accuracy/distance

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Is there much of a difference between the 17 hmr ammo in the brand names ?? Any better then the other or stand out more in accuracy and distance or will certain gun makes prefer certain ammo makes ??????
    Cheerz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭deano2882

Dey are all loaded by same company and as I have one myself.i use diff brand 17gr and dnt find a diff but 20gr wil more than likly be diff zero to 17gr...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

deano2882 wrote: »
    Dey are all loaded by same company and as I have one myself.i use diff brand 17gr and dnt find a diff but 20gr wil more than likly be diff zero to 17gr...

True

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I was out over the last few days and using Hornady 17gr from different batches I was getting an inch in difference of POA to POI ie one batch was shooting an inch higher than the other in the different batches but with one of the same Hornady batches and Fereral 17gr I had no POA POI difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

My Marlin would only shoot CCI, Hornedy would not group..

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

I started off with Federal and they were deadly but started getting a lot of misfires , maybe a bad batch but it was 2 different boxes bought in 2 different shops. Switched to Hornady 17g and they are class. Staggered holes at 100 yards from my Cz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Snakezilla wrote: »
    I started off with Federal and they were deadly but started getting a lot of misfires , maybe a bad batch but it was 2 different boxes bought in 2 different shops. Switched to Hornady 17g and they are class. Staggered holes at 100 yards from my Cz

In ireland it is sometime possible to buy ammo in 2 or 3 different shops and get it all from the same batch as there is very few shipped in batches as it usually tends to be sent only once or twice a year

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

My Marlin would only shoot CCI, Hornedy would not group..

Funny you said that I found the same with my Marlin

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

i have tried nearly all hmr ammo from different companies. 17gr v max, hollow point, fmj, and20gr game point, in a cz 455
    i find the 17gr v max and the 20gr game point the same at 100 yards. after that the 20gr drops quicker. try different
    ammo and you will get one you are happy with.

Advertisement