Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble getting somewhere to live.
    Every time I find some place that is suitable I am asked for both work and previous landlord references. I can provide the landlord references but not the work as I am full time phd. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Why don't you get your PhD supervisor to give you a reference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

I offered that before and apparently no. That would only count as a personality reference. Instead they are looking for some kind of work reference to show I am employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I can provide the landlord references but not the work as I am full time phd.
    And since when is that not work?

You are employed in full-time research. There must be a graduate studies office, or something similar, wherever you are based who can issue a letter to that effect.

Advertisement