Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info - gas markets deregulated

Options
  • 07-07-2014 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭

I came across this the other day when dealing with the commision for energy regulation (CER) - ". . . the Commission has announced that the domstic gas market will be deregulated from the 1st July 2014"

http://www.cer.ie/customer-care/gas

They don't spell out what this means, but I understand that providers won't need to get approval for price increases as before. This process at least provided some degree of publicity when prices increased previously.

I wonder if they will have to rebrand - electricity & gas aren't regulated any more so the R in their title may be a little redundant. They still/will regulate water, but that's not exactly energy as such.

This is really just an FYI on the consumer issues front and may be worth noting for future reference.

z

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It was always the intention that, when the markets for electricity and gas were sufficiently opened up, regulation would cease and normal market/competition conditions would prevail.

Advertisement