Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new credit card

Options
  • 07-07-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My credit card was stolen so I cancelled it and have been issued a new one.
    I owe money on the old card (stuff i bought before it was stolen) - usually i transfer the money using banking 365 into that account. should i make the payment to the new card instead?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Johnny86, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We would always advise when you cancel your Credit Card as lost or stolen to update the new number as a 'Bill Payee' on your 365 Online as this will help avoid confusion in the future. However, you can still make a transfer to your old Credit Card number and it will reach the account within the same time frame (one working day, once made before the cut off time of 3.30pm).

To add your new Credit Card as a payee please follow the below instructions:
    • Select the 'Add a Payee' tab located in the right hand corner of your 365 home page. 
    • Select the type of payee (Your credit card must be added as a 'Bill Payee').
    • Select the delivery method for your activation code.
    • Select the type of bill from the drop down list
    • Enter your 16 digit card number as a reference
    • Click 'continue'.
    [*]

Once you receive the activation code you must log into 365 Online to activate the payee before you can transfer to the new number. 

We hope this helps clarify your query and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Just to confirm, i should make the online payment to the old credit card number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Johnny86, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Yes, you can make the payment to the old credit card number already registered. We would suggest that you update this number in the future. 

Elaine

Advertisement