Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothside Best Areas versus Southside Best Areas

Options
  • 07-07-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Interested to hear views on the top ten areas to live in north and south of the river

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

How much money you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Malahide, Howth, Castleknock, Sutton, Kinsealy, Castleknock, Clontarf.

Ballsbridge, Dalkey, Killiney, Sandymount, Monkstown, Blackrock, Rathgar, Dartry, Donnybrook, Rathmines, Ranelagh, Sandycove, Foxrock.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ones with electricity at the moment. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Parts of Killester and Raheny / Bettyglen close to the Howth Road would stand comparison with any of the ares mentioned above

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

subpar wrote: »
    Parts of Killester and Raheny / Bettyglen close to the Howth Road would stand comparison with any of the ares mentioned above

That's where I grew up. Fantastic area and there are many others on the northside. Of course if people like to think the northside is a wasteland and pay through the nose for southside areas, let them. More for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

get someone else to write your articles tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Malahide, Howth, Castleknock, Sutton, Kinsealy, Castleknock, Clontarf.

Ballsbridge, Dalkey, Killiney, Sandymount, Monkstown, Blackrock, Rathgar, Dartry, Donnybrook, Rathmines, Ranelagh, Sandycove, Foxrock.

Killiney has Cromlech Fields, though people would argue that it is in Ballybrack, which in itself is dog rough.
    I would also add that monkstown farm is rough. Blackrock has brookfield, Ranelagh has mount pleasant, Rathmines has a fair amount of notorious drug dealers (I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with some of them while working in Harolds Cross)

You can also add Glasnevin, Beaumont, Raheny, Killester, Drumcondra and portmarkock and most of Swords to you're Northside list.

Killiney has Cromlech Fields, though people would argue that it is in Ballybrack, which in itself is dog rough.
    I would also add that monkstown farm is rough. Blackrock has brookfield, Ranelagh has mount pleasant, Rathmines has a fair amount of notorious drug dealers (I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with some of them while working in Harolds Cross)

You can also add Glasnevin, Beaumont, Raheny, Killester, Drumcondra and portmarkock and most of Swords to you're Northside list.

What's your point?

Most suburbs have dodgy parts but to claim that Beaumont is comparable to Kinsealy or Howth is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

What's your point?

Most suburbs have dodgy parts but to claim that Beaumont is comparable to Kinsealy or Howth is nuts.
    It is comparable to Ranelagh, Rathmines and Sandymount

• Advertisement

It is comparable to Ranelagh, Rathmines and Sandymount

Ah come on...no it isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

Beaumont is a working class area. Ranelagh and Rathmines have very small pockets of working class housing but also have large swathes of multimillion Euro houses. And comparing Beaumont and Sandymount is bonkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

If you hsve a specific question about a specific area, by all means post it. But i'm not leaving this thread open. We dont allow generalisations (which is all that will come from that opening post)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement