Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water meter installers....

• 07-07-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got issues with the length of time the water meter installers are taking to complete their work?

I'm on the North side and since Friday morning the footpath outside my driveway is dug up. The meter was installed Friday afternoon but the concrete has not yet been poured to finish the job. It is now Monday evening.

My driveway is inaccessible for my car and I am relying on the kindness of the neighbours to allow me park in their driveways at night.

I spoke to a foreman this morning and he assured me the work would be complete by this afternoon, but that was last I saw or heard of them. The orange barriers are still erected outside my driveway for the fourth day.
    Hardly good enough. :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I noticed that going through caherdavin over the last few days. Even a couple of cars that are in their drives, with the footpath outside dug up. Must be fairly optimistic of their turn around time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Yeah, I had problems a few months back. Entrance blocked, contractors nowhere to be seen and the people on the phone said it could take up to 10 working days.

Here's the thread and what I did: Thread
    Are the workers on a go slow these days?

They seemed to have abandoned out estate (Abbey Court) since Friday. My driveway is blocked as although they installed the meter they never filled in around it with concrete. I don't have any yellow cover either so can't drive out.

No sign of them either today

I acquired a yellow cover from the pile of crap they have in one part of the estate although they are marked as for pedestrians.

Just on the phone to Irish Water telling them the situation. According to their log records it could take another 10 days.

I said if that was the case I would fill it in myself as having my entrance blocked for up to 2 weeks is taking it a bit far. They will be in touch within an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Concrete was poured this morning at 8.40. Guy leveling it says I should be ok to drive back into my drive tomorrow morning. That's a total of 5 days my driveway is inaccessible. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

tippman1 wrote: »
    Concrete was poured this morning at 8.40. Guy leveling it says I should be ok to drive back into my drive tomorrow morning. That's a total of 5 days my driveway is inaccessible. :mad:

Complain to your TD.

davo2001 wrote: »
    Complain to your TD.

Yeah, I'll get in the queue later today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

if they leave a hole and you get gain access to your property then simply remove the barriers and feck them....you are entitled to get in and out of your drive.

They finally finished with me Thur morning. They really dragged it out a long time. It's a relief to have free access to my abode once again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Widescreen

They finally finished with me Thur morning. They really dragged it out a long time. It's a relief to have free access to my abode once again :-)

Sounds like Irish Water have one happy customer-wait till October!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Could they not put down steel plates to give you temporary access to your driveway?

phog wrote: »
    Could they not put down steel plates to give you temporary access to your driveway?

Apparently they don't have them, just the yellow plastic ones.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »

Apparently they don't have them, just the yellow plastic ones.

Advertisement