Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my dog just a slow runner or is it more?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Eh,I don't know why you quoted me with that comment???

Sorry I must apologise it wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. You keep your dog fit and active as should be.

A customer at the vet's said my dog was too thin and I let it go, they should be thin because they are an active hunting dog by nature. I believe they are inclined to put on weight if they are neutered and or not given sufficient walks.

BTW the vet said my dog was at the ideal weight and well cared for, just to keep him groomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Sorry I must apologise it wasn't aimed at you or anyone in particular. You keep your dog fit and active as should be.

A customer at the vet's said my dog was too thin and I let it go, they should be thin because they are an active hunting dog by nature. I believe they are inclined to put on weight if they are neutered and or not given sufficient walks.

BTW the vet said my dog was at the ideal weight and well cared for, just to keep him groomed.

Ah no worries, was getting very insulted if that was aimed at me :-)

I agree that people are very quick to call a lean dog 'thin' as they are so conditioned to seeing overweight dogs.

Advertisement