Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare v Wexford, SHC Qualifier Replay, Wexford Park, 12 July @ 17.00 RTE 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

What is that referee at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

This is the best worst game of hurling I've ever seen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Game over.

See ya next year Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Hitchens wrote: »
    neither team deserves to lose this match

Anyway this ref can lose the match? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

What in gods name was McGrath doing there!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

This is the best worst game of hurling I've ever seen.

What's wrong with it? Not being sarcastic, I mainly watch the football tbh.

Bye bye Davy :)

Dancing at the crossroads!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Jaysus Clare played a lot better with 13 men

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Deserved win for Wexford but they made bloody hard work of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The ref the difference in extra time. How the **** is he an inter county ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

aveytare wrote: »
    very enjoyable match, but it's a pity they didn't get another go at it

Can't see Wexford getting much further either but can't begrudge them today after 180 mins of play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Don't worry there wont be a draw. Clare are going to get going properly now.

Get out...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

niallo27 wrote: »
    The ref wins the game for Wexford. What a surprise.

the ref was poor for both teams you should have a look at your own team who should have lost both games easily only for some terrible wexford shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

As a Waterford man i'm happy reckon we have at least a 50/50 chance of winning, Wexford shot a shocking amount of wides, will be tired after 2 tough ET games glad for Wexford but i'm especially happy from a Waterford viewpoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Nobody is safe from Davy tonight. Not even Clare fans.

aveytare wrote: »

The quality of hurling was fairly brutal. Very entertaining though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

How is it they can beat Clare with 15 but can't beat them when they have 13?
    Wexford deserved to win, but my god their shooting is something else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Clare footballers going for longer in the Championship than the hurlers in 2014

If you said that to someone last September you'd have been locked up.

I'd stay well clear of him for the next month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Whatever about refs and whatever about Davy, hurling is the best sport in the world.

Well done Wexford.

sammy37 wrote: »
    the ref was poor for both teams you should have a look at your own team who should have lost both games easily only for some terrible wexford shooting

Wexford point up. Wexford defender pulls down clare man. He gives a free out. Wexford then get a free for I'm not sure what. Nobody knows. He was the difference at the end.

how many bloody times did Ger tell us that WX had never beaten CE in Championship

I'd say especially Clare fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

1QCtYHl.jpg

I swear if I hear dancing at the cross roads on the airwaves I'm taking a sledgehammer to my radio. Bad bad bad memories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Fair play to Wexford they hung in there until the bitter end! This Clare woman will be supporting Limerick tomorrow, I'm in for a rough weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I really cant wait for the interview. No doubt it will be comedy gold, if he hasnt calmed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jack Guiney had a stellar game. The man has a Pirlo eye on him for a pass.

• Advertisement

Lack of discipline beat Clare, both days

Browney7 wrote: »
    I swear if I hear dancing at the cross roads on the airwaves I'm taking a sledgehammer to my radio. Bad bad bad memories
    get your hammer so

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Clare footballers going for longer in the Championship than the hurlers in 2014

If you said that to someone last September you'd have been locked up.

Same in Galway.

If you predicted that last September 12 months you'd be laughed out of it round these parts.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Fair play to Wexford they hung in there until the bitter end! This Clare woman will be supporting Limerick tomorrow, I'm in for a rough weekend :(
    sympathy Mrs

Lack of discipline beat Clare, both days

No ball winners in the half forward line killed them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Lapin wrote: »
    Can't see Wexford getting much further either but can't begrudge them today after 180 mins of play.

Dunno that win should give them a big boost. I'd say they have every chance of beating Waterford if they can sort out the shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sammy37

Wexford point up. Wexford defender pulls down clare man. He gives a free out. Wexford then get a free for I'm not sure what. Nobody knows. He was the difference at the end.

and wexfords goal was disallowed for what nobody knows. yere indiscipline cost ye in both games wexford deserved to win that whatever about the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

For all of you that said Wexford left it behind them in Ennis :

EAT YOUR WORDS

Well done Guiney RTE Man of the Match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

At least the local dairy industry will reach it's quota in Clare tonight.

Hurling won out over Davy and his dark arts today.

Proud Wexford man. Well done lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Some entertainment, shocking hurling, shocking refereeing.

Aaron Cunningham clearly had his jersey pulled, okay the referee mightn't see that but surely the umpire did? Disallowing a perfectly good goal, giving mad frees all over the place. Bottling the Jack Browne red card, he should have gone for the foul 5 mins previous.

Wexford were woeful with 10 minutes to go in normal time, but somehow beat 15 men??? Clare clueless at times, not able to win their own ball.

O'Hanlon, Rossiter, Shore, Chin, Guiney, McGovern were all superb tbf. Harry Kehoe got a great goal but missed some easy chances. Conlon had probably his best game ever for Clare, was unmarkable... McGrath was very good too, but outside of them??? Poor enough from the AI Champions.

Davy's interview will be comedy gold.

• Advertisement

No ball winners in the half forward line killed them.

Its a big problem that we need to address next year, all the scoring forwards in the world are no good if they are starved of possession.

No doubt Davy will go along the lines of "Fair play to Wexford there today but you all saw what went on out there now but I'm not going to get into it:rolleyes:"

Clare's touch and control in general has gone to pot this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

No I didn't like the way the linesman got involved. When Clare got the first red the Wexford player was clearly holding him. I didn't see the linesman mention that

Its actually great that a linesman gets involved. Long enough we are giving out when they don't. Linesman informed ref that the foul merited a yellow card, as the corner back was already on a yellow the ref had no choice.
    Yes, the Wexford player held Bugler, but the linesman cant draw the refs attention to every holding offence. Bugler lashes out in a fairly nasty way, straight red, no complaints. Holding is not a red card offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

This game had everything.

Thrills, spills,sendings off, goals, dodgy referreing and extra time!

Great for anyone watching it. Maybe not the most skillful game but it was very enjoyable.

Hopefully Davy won't inflame everyone with a cranky interview. We can but hope!

It might hurt now for him and Clare but i'm sure Wexford have been hurting for years so today was their day.

Some days things don't go your way. Clare will definitely be back next year anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hitchens wrote: »
    sympathy Mrs

Thanks Hitchens, I'm actually grand. I would've been gutted if we had lost when Wexford had two extra men but we had a chance when it went to extra time and Wexford were too strong. They deserved their win. Two exciting matches so no complaints from me.

Feck - no Davy interview.

Hopefully Wexford won't be ****ed for next weekend. They deserved to win today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For all of you that said Wexford left it behind them in Ennis :

EAT YOUR WORDS

Well done Guiney RTE Man of the Match

Jaysus, has to be one of the more annoying things in GAA that people who make honest predictions based on what they feel will happen have it shoved down their throats if they happen to get what are close to 50/50 calls wrong.
    It permeates the game from the humble fan up to the upper echolons of management ("we've shown up a few people in the newspapers, boyya" is a staple of winning managers)

Congrats on your victory anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Some entertainment, shocking hurling, shocking refereeing.

Aaron Cunningham clearly had his jersey pulled, okay the referee mightn't see that but surely the umpire did? Disallowing a perfectly good goal, giving mad frees all over the place. Bottling the Jack Browne red card, he should have gone for the foul 5 mins previous.

Wexford were woeful with 10 minutes to go in normal time, but somehow beat 15 men??? Clare clueless at times, not able to win their own ball.

O'Hanlon, Rossiter, Shore, Chin, Guiney, McGovern were all superb tbf. Harry Kehoe got a great goal but missed some easy chances. Conlon had probably his best game ever for Clare, was unmarkable... McGrath was very good too, but outside of them??? Poor enough from the AI Champions.

Davy's interview will be comedy gold.

lol davy boy wouldnt come out for interview

• Advertisement

Hopefully Wexford won't be ****ed for next weekend. They deserved to win today.

I'd love to see Wexford go on a bit of a run this year on the back of this, it looked a few years ago that they might have been heading in Offalys direction so its good to see them on an upward curve again

Advertisement