Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is Waterford like to live in?

• 07-07-2014 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone, =)

So Myself and my Husband are considering a move to Waterford...We are both 26 yrs old =)
    Grew up in Blackrock in Dublin and for the last few years been living in Carlow (to be closer to family member who moved here)
    I was in Waterford twice with friends... first time I seen a million fights after the nightclubs and seen a female garda get punched in the face by a group of skangers/chavs... Second time was pretty awesome.. really liked it. Did i just catch a bad night? or is it always kind of rough?....
    Work isn't a issue as we are both self employed.
    We love art and fine dining (best places to eat?)... and everything from classical music concerts to indie and metal gigs too =). We are pretty hippie hearted.. we love nature and everything holistic..
    Does Waterford have this kind of laid back culture?...
    We love Dunmore East and Tramore to live in particular.. purely for Dunmore Easts beauty and Tramore's cute seaside town with fish n chips and amusements and the fact there is a Tesco lol and the great beach for walking =).

So any insight you guys have for us is much appreciated.
    xoxo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Ive been here 11 years and I love it! OK it has its down side in the city, like every city it can be an absolute ****e hole sometimes but in the county its great, Dungarvan is lovely, it lacks Tescos but more than makes up for it, and thats from an English Tesco addict!!! The beaches are great and sometime overlooked by people that have always had them to hand. There is little traffic to contend with and Waterford city, Cork City and Clonmel are all doable if needs be. Even Dublin is now just under a 3 hour drive from Dungarvan on the new motorway. Take a chance - its great, and he relaxing clean air is worth it! I was up in Dublin for a few days last week and felt grimy coming back, a similar feeling to my experiences of working in London. Once I headed up the Comeraghs towards home I felt restored!!!

Advertisement