Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Results

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭

Bengals 14 Colts 48.

Colts rolled into Cincinnati and got the victory mainly due to some hard hitting tackles on Bengals QB josh johnson causing him to cough up the ball twice in the 1st quarter to give the Colts a 31-7 half time lead.

Colts offense also stepped up with Nick Foles throwing 336 yards and 3 TD's for a passing rating of 158.3. Emmanuel Sanders and Cecil Shorts led the way receiving.

Special mention goes to Laurence Sidbury in his 2nd start of the season, he was immense in the colts defense.

Unlucky Adrian, nothing went your way in that 1st quarter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Seeing as Barkley has missed 7+ games for me this season, and Pryor not gaining the XP I wagered on to improve him sufficiently, I'm really regretting leaving Foles go :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well played, as you say I played very poorly in the first quarter, 3 and out followed by a punt that went about 25 yards, could do nothing on defense so was 7-0 down early.

Without my starting pass rusher, LT and Running back I was always up against it but BJGE is beyond slow so I wanted to pass it. Next drive Johnson coughed it up on a sack, making it 14-0.

Next drive a criminally underthrown ball resulted in a pick, which was turned into a TD in double quick time. 21-0. Next drive for the Bengals, another sack and another TD. 28-0. Nothing that happened thereafter had any real effect on the game.

I was glad to get on the score board in the end.

To be honest I'm glad to leave this version of madden behind now. I'm not convinced I'll get the new version at least until I hear some positive independent reviews.

Well played rock, I thought you played very well, at least doing what you had to do. I thought you might have pulled some of your starters to avoid potential injuries once the game was won early.

Best of luck in the rest of the playoffs, hope your injuries tonight don't carry over to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Pats play the Browns in the snow covered Foxboro, good job the Browns have their orange helmets on otherwise it could have been troublesome.

Starts well for NE as the opening KO is returned to the house by Holliday.
    Browns drive down the field and get the score.
    Teams trade score.
    Forte fumbles but it's recovered by Vollmer, followed by a torrent of abuse from the Pats coach.

Horrible pick thrown by RG3 head in hands time.
    Very next play and Sanchez (in for the injured Weeden) throws it straight to Dennard.
    43secs left. Nothing doing. Pats kick a FG.

2nd half and just 3 in it.
    Browns receive. Another good drive and they're up by 4.
    Another score by NE.
    Then Gordon is hit over the middle, a real thumper of a hit and he coughs up the ball.
    Pats score and are up by 10.

Scores traded again. Then Sanchez telegraphs a pass to Gordon and Cox nips in for the pick.

Game over Pats run out the clock.

Great game Paddy, that fumble was the difference. Very little defence played by either of us and dominant TE play was the order of the day. Took to trying to user shadow Cameron in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Well played guns as you say the fumble was the difference and some poor throws by Sanchez never thought i would miss Weeden.

Good luck for the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints progress to the Divisional round with a 42-28 win over the Packers, in a game that was even closer than the scoreline.

The key play was a Packers fumble and Saints recovery which was forced by Keithen Vincent (FS) and recovered by Parys Haralson at the beginning of the 4th quarter, just as it looked like the Packers would cut the lead to 7. Aside from that, there was nothing to separate the teams. Both had over 400 yards offense and other similar statistics right across the board.

You're a very good player Kopfan. A varied offense that's tough to stop (alongside Empacher and Rock it's one of the best I've played this edition of Madden) and a tough defense too. When I got to 21-7 near the end of the half I thought I'd be able to push on but you had me bricking it when you pulled it back to 21-21. :pac:

I think this leaves me with another game against Empacher in the Divisional with the Seahawks playing the winner of Eagles/Redskins, though I may be mistaken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kopfan

Paully D wrote: »
    Saints progress to the Divisional round with a 42-28 win over the Packers, in a game that was even closer than the scoreline.

The key play was a Packers fumble and Saints recovery which was forced by Keithen Vincent (FS) and recovered by Parys Haralson at the beginning of the 4th quarter, just as it looked like the Packers would cut the lead to 7. Aside from that, there was nothing to separate the teams. Both had over 400 yards offense and other similar statistics right across the board.

You're a very good player Kopfan. A varied offense that's tough to stop (alongside Empacher and Rock it's one of the best I've played this edition of Madden) and a tough defense too. When I got to 21-7 near the end of the half I thought I'd be able to push on but you had me bricking it when you pulled it back to 21-21. :pac:

I think this leaves me with another game against Empacher in the Divisional with the Seahawks playing the winner of Eagles/Redskins, though I may be mistaken.

It was an enjoyable game Paully, took my mind of today's problems, look forward to future meetings when I have two new "play callers".
    I had chances for few more picks but couldn't hold on to them, was very happy with my D though in fairness, though Jimmy is monster and really missed Sheppard in the slot in passing game. All in all, you deserved the win. Best of luck in divisional round.

Advertisement