Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless alarm -cost?

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi all,
    We are moving into a new house, approx 45 years old that has never had an alarm.

I am guessing a wireless alarm might be the easiest option to fit. There is a single door at front and back, also a garage door. The windows all have a small window and a large window ( hope that makes sense) there are 4 sets downstairs and a small window on the stairs above a flat roof.

I don't really know anything about alarms apart from is always had one growing up, as does our apt and I don't want to live in a house without one.

I would really appreciate some advice repost- I would like the alarm to text/call if it goes off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all,
    We are moving into a new house, approx 45 years old that has never had an alarm.

I am guessing a wireless alarm might be the easiest option to fit. There is a single door at front and back, also a garage door. The windows all have a small window and a large window ( hope that makes sense) there are 4 sets downstairs and a small window on the stairs above a flat roof.

I don't really know anything about alarms apart from is always had one growing up, as does our apt and I don't want to live in a house without one.

I would really appreciate some advice repost- I would like the alarm to text/call if it goes off.

Most systems offer the function to ring or text your mobile in the event of an alarm activation. Wire free is the easiest option to fit, no wires, no mess.
    For prices you would need to contact registered installers.
    Here is a list from the PSA website.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Thank altor, would you generally recommend sensors on upstairs windows?

I know it is dependant on number if sensors etc but could you give me any idea on costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thank altor, would you generally recommend sensors on upstairs windows?

I know it is dependant on number if sensors etc but could you give me any idea on costs?

I would but only on accessible windows where an intruder could gain access.
    Pricing would depend on what system you have installed that would suit your needs and requirements, what I would advise is contact 3 local installers for pricing.

Advertisement