Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Racing wheels

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I gave it a go with an old wheel dismantling and reassembling it wasn't entirely successful. Definitely a truing stand is a must to get them near perfect and ease.

You could put tiagra hubs, some widish but not expensive rims and build something for winter.
    This is the rear I built this evening; total cost for wheelset was about 130. Rugged as fcuk if heavy but perfect for mix of on/off road. I'll have 35mm tyres on

It would give you confidence before having a go with dura ace hubs and have wheels for abusing which are easy to service.

Read the book, get the nipple driver and take your time lacing and truing! Walk if getting annoyed!

Advertisement