Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excess Rubbish

Options
  • 07-07-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

So I'm moving out of my rented house in Glasnevin on Saturday the 12th and I've just done a cleanup of the house and it turns out I have more rubbish than I can fit into the wheelie bins. All the bins are full anyway and I have a few more black bags full of waste as well as a load of rotten wood that was supposed to be a desk. I'm without a car until the 13th which is really causing a lot of the problems. I'm with Greyhound and they've told me I can't leave out the bags on their own, even if I put the necessary funds onto my Greyhound card. Any ideas as to what I can do? Any advice is greatly appreciated, I'm not from Dublin myself, hence the cluelessness.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭wench

Would any of your neighbours be willing to let you use their bin, if you offered them the cost of a bin lift?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Find a skip and chuck it in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

chopper6 wrote: »
    Find a skip and chuck it in there.

Or not. Why should somebody else pay for them to dump their rubbish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Or not. Why should somebody else pay for them to dump their rubbish.

It's normal..and unless you actually fill thier skip up with your stuff its not doing anybody any harm.

Certainly better than flytipping...maybe you could even knock on the door and offer them a tenner or something.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Find one of those €5 per bag dump machine thingys??

There's a few of them here in Kildare.. not sure about Dublin though.. usually find them at petrol stations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

chopper6 wrote: »
    It's normal..and unless you actually fill thier skip up with your stuff its not doing anybody any harm.

Certainly better than flytipping...maybe you could even knock on the door and offer them a tenner or something.

If they haven't finished putting stuff into the skip they've paid for then it is doing them harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

skips cost a lot of money, Most people would not take kindly to you doing so. and rightly so.
    if you are stuck get one of the small fabric skips from your local homebase, woodies etc. ideal for what you want. much cheaper then a metal skip

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭brucky

Go to the golden pages and hand over your waste to an authorised waste collector who will call round and remove it and dispose of it properly.

Advertisement