Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software Development/Web Design opportunity for student/graduate

Options
  • 07-07-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,

Hope you all can help as I'm new to Boards.

I'm based in Cork and starting a business venture. I want to give the opportunity to a student or graduate to develop the online/web application aspect of the business.

Hoping to reach out to student's or graduate's in a computer science/BIS capacity etc in the Cork area...The initial conversations would essentially be brainstorming the idea and the capabilities/skills/experiences/proficiencies of the student/graduate in the below areas.

Software Development
    Website Design
    Amazon Web Services

My question. What is the best way to find students that may be interested in a project like this? How would one reach out to this type of group and what forum would be best to use?

Thanks a mill for any replies and happy to expand further if necessary!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Is this a paid position ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kiddo96

Yes, there would be remuneration as part of this project but I would discuss the details of that with the candidate based on their experience/proficiency/skills and time available to commit to the project.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

this is just the same as asking a student Civil Engineer to design and supervise the building of your physical shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Students and graduates are unlikely to have enough experience to bring to the table. Imo you're much better off investing properly in getting some one who has experience in the commercial realm.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MyBusinez.com

I would agree with the 2 posters above. If you are going to build a business do it right. Otherwise you will end up with a sub-standard website, a sub-standard business and you may end up losing more money than you thought. If you put enough money into the website/business and don't skimp you have a better chance of succeeding. Make sure you have a proper business plan in place and enough money to spread across all aspects of research, development, marketing, sales, future planning as this will help you a lot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement