Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanmire Bus Route

Options
  • 07-07-2014 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the exact route of the Glanmire bus (I think it's the 245) when it's in Glanmire- as in outbound and inbound - does it go anywhere near the Copper Valley estate?

I looked on the Bus Eireann website and it doesn't tell you every stop so I'm not sure what route it takes to get to the various stops if you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

leahyl wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the exact route of the Glanmire bus (I think it's the 245) when it's in Glanmire- as in outbound and inbound - does it go anywhere near the Copper Valley estate?

I looked on the Bus Eireann website and it doesn't tell you every stop so I'm not sure what route it takes to get to the various stops if you understand what I mean.

Thanks in advance

I think I heard it's changed to a suburban route 221. I'm guessing 245 still serves the area, but I think 221 is the main bus now. Check the bus eireann website.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks, sorry that's the one I meant but it still doesn't say how the bus gets from glyntown road to hazelwood...it's all very vague! There must be a few stops in between surely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It stops about 30 seconds away from the estate.
    Would the bus not come down the road by Hazelwood, take a right at the roundabout and then the second right to head back to Riverstown?
    I can't see a bus travelling on the Glyntown Road, surely it's to narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thanks, was down around there today and saw the bus stop myself - not too far at all from the estate :-) I thought the glyntown road was up the top of Marwood? That road isn't too narrow is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭nuts86

I THINK this is the route as best as i can work out

Bus starts in Glyntown at the top of Marwood, stops outside Chestnut Meadows, down to Riverstown, right in Riverstown, right at the V, then left up towards brooklodge and on towards super valu and into town from there

On the way out from town it goes up through marwood and finishes there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

leahyl wrote: »
    Thanks, was down around there today and saw the bus stop myself - not too far at all from the estate :-) I thought the glyntown road was up the top of Marwood? That road isn't too narrow is it?

The Glyntown road is at the very top of Marwood Ave, a bus might go up there, I've never seen one though and not to sure why it would, it has a very sharp turn before you get down to Eastcliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

The 221 goes up by Hazelwood as far as the Brooklodge roundabout - I believe there is a stop just after that that is the closest to Copper Valley Vue. Bus then continues and turns right, goes down and into Marwood and up as far as Glyntown Road. From there it continues down Eastcliff and comes out by side of the Castle Tavern, turns right, up by Brooklodge national school and then back down Hazelwood etc.

Advertisement