Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brazil vrs Germany , World Cup Semi-Final , 8/7/2014 , 9.00pm MOD WARNING in OP

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only wrasslin' fans will get this -

BsDa0a0CIAAQBit.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Knex. wrote: »
    Riot Police across Brazil must be absolutely getting bricked.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    BsDbC86CAAAzqLU.jpg:large

Are these lads going to be the ones protecting the Brazilians team or the ones chasing them ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just appeared on my FB feed
    "The most embarrassing semi since I went to see Brokeback Mountain with my dad"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

They make up the game as they go along...just like your commentary Eamon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Reekwind wrote: »
    Schürrle, Brazil are about to get Kroosified?
    Yeah, I called it. Even though I thought it'd be Kloser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Gutted Brazil got a consolation goal

Bill is a such a troll :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

"the game has died" And again Dunphy with one liners :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Bill O'Herlihy is loving this, only two more Bill-nights after this :(

Edit: only one more - he's not on tomorrow night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

You can always trust Sky to keep a bit of perspective on things... Lead story tonight...

85An3k.jpg

The Garth Brooks concert is a second tier story on their front page.. I kid you not..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

The lads are contradicting themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

roanoke wrote: »
    I reckon it's due to all that higher education and personal stereos.

I reckon its the stupidly high wages have a part to play in this

Ragball Rovers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

murpho999 wrote: »
    He's melodramatic but I think he means more the game that involves skilful players rather than power and strength.

I think there is less poor sides in the world these days. Take Kevin Kilbane, put him up against your local pub team and he will look like Messi. All the great players from back in the day were playing against some very strong sides, and some very weak sides. Now even teams like Costa Rica, Algeria and so on are technically competent, well organised and tactically aware - its very hard for good players to find space and play through teams like they might have done in the past.

Its not that football is dying, its just that its less remarkable that a nation of 2-3 million people can find 11 players who can play the game competently, so the gap between bad and great has declined drastically. The "bad" players and "bad" teams are raising their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

jonon9 wrote: »
    I reckon its the stupidly high wages have a part to play in this

Why high wages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

This was at 0-4:
    tvl6ulela15bniqamphf.gif

Now I feel horrible ... This Too Shall Pass. :(

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Fred's actual heat map in the first half:

1404852762948_lc_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

German_soldier_with_flamethrower_c1941.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

agree with Dunphy saying that there are too many distractions for kids nowadays,when i was young i had no video games,no phone,nothing.

i went out in my wellies and played football because thats all i had,used to have games after school with everyone in my class,now the kids are too busy snapchatting each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Garth Brooks playing 7 concerts in Brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hats off to anyone who predicted Ivor Allchurch would get a mention after a Brazil v Germany World Cup game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivor_Allchurch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Classic Eamo,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Love Eamo, man cracks me up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

In Southern Germany right now.

It's like they've won WW3, cured Cancer and won the Universe Cup all in one. The place is going ****ing crazy. People are just going nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Wtf are Ramsey and Bale supposed to be Eamon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

i8Noum4fZjDPV.gif

bnt wrote: »
    This was at 0-4:

Now I feel horrible ... This Too Shall Pass. :(

Fabregas lookalike behind her :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

"Wales will never produce another Ivor Allchurch"
    - Dunphy

Last time I checked they had produced the worlds most expensive footballer. That's not too shabby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Any chance of the RTÉ panel discussing tonight's game?

Not that there's much to talk about like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

tigger123 wrote: »
    Why high wages?

Because even if they play complete ****e with their diving and **** acting on the pitch nothing is said and they get their weekly high wage. Rules need to be harder and the heart will eventually come back into the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    agree with Dunphy saying that there are too many distractions for kids nowadays,when i was young i had no video games,no phone,nothing.

i went out in my wellies and played football because thats all i had,used to have games after school with everyone in my class,now the kids are too busy snapchatting each other.

We used to play football for 8 hours straight on a Saturday. No bull**** 8 or 9 hours straight only stopping for fish fingers and chips.

Augmerson wrote: »

It's like they've won WW3, cured Cancer and won the Universe Cup all in one. The place is going ****ing crazy. People are just going nuts.

not the best phrasing there, lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Al_Coholic wrote: »

Pretty safe to say the kids in the favelas don't have those distractions, and they're still pretty rubbish.

The German side played some brilliant football in the game and they faced far more distractions as kids. They had video games and phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

From Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos etc to that ****e

Delighted for Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

3rd time lucky. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Panthro wrote: »

We have mutual friends or friends who steal the same.jokes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

So is there something to what Dunphy and Giles are saying or is it all just rhetorical "glorious old days" bullcrap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'd type out a "your boys took one hell of a beating" speeches but I only know Brazilian footballers and Senna.

niallo27 wrote: »
    We used to play football for 8 hours straight on a Saturday. No bull**** 8 or 9 hours straight only stopping for fish fingers and chips.

until the mother would shout saying dinner was ready,couldnt leave because last goal won,when game was over id get a clip around the ear for not coming home when called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Still can't really believe what I've witnessed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Nice of them to win 1 war I suppose

Sand wrote: »
    Pretty safe to say the kids in the favelas don't have those distractions, and they're still pretty rubbish.

The German side played some brilliant football in the game and they faced far more distractions as kids. They had video games and phones.

Scolari picked hard working players there are talented Brazilians that werent picked because the coach was too stubborn to pick them

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

.......Well that was awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

niallo27 wrote: »

I used to as well. We had N64 at that stage, we did both for a long, long, long time. It was in and out all the time, but we could play for hours in the summer. We were all still **** or best local club level... probably because we had no coaching growing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Jesus christ. Ozil has a great game and misses one chance and suddenly he's crap. Unbelievable.

I didn't see him being great.

I don't think many of the Germans get a huge amount of credit tbh. Maybe Khedira and Kroos deserve a mention but they may as well have been playing against nobody.

Some games a team comes along and is just amazing and blows the other team away.

This wasn't that. It was Brazil being an utter atrocity. The simplicity of the passing and the movement and the total absence of Brazilians defending (they didn't make mistakes, they just didn't partake) made it incredibly easy.

Except Schurrle's goal, which was an absolute peach.
    nuxxx wrote: »
    Look at Luiz with his fingers in the air, teh **** is he doing

Obviously god was too busy giving a load of kids malaria.

• Advertisement

The guys didnt mention that Brazil got their goal when Mertezaker was on... The German keeper has to play as sweeper every time he plays... It's a different German team when Humels is playing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

jonon9 wrote: »
    Because even if they play complete ****e with their diving and **** acting on the pitch nothing is said and they get their weekly high wage. Rules need to be harder and the heart will eventually come back into the game.

What?! Did you not see the emotional level of the Brazilian players throughout the tournament?!

The guys didnt mention that Brazil got their goal when Mertezaker was on... The German keeper has to play as sweeper every time he plays... It's a different German team when Humels is playing...

just are now

Panthro wrote: »

Cos you posted it...

@paulgaillimh: They'll be some craic in Aldi in Gort tomorrow

• Advertisement
Advertisement