Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried dad

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

Finally, much of the routine they follow may be 'adult-centric', but that's life. Some happily married couples have a parent away for work over half of the time, or doing long hours so that they're up before the kids are awake and home after they've gone to bed.

Of course, they can quit their jobs and be free to follow a completely 'child-centric' routine, but then they'd first need a magic money tree growing the basement they can shake whenever they need cash.

Alternatively, you can live in the real World and do the best that you can given the circumstances you're in.

And there are very real consequences to an adult centric parenting plan. It's not a case of 'that's life..' and brush it off. There is no one size fits all but OP should consider the hidden costs, and I don't just mean financial, before choices are made and the cascade effect gets tripped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

diveout wrote: »
    And there are very real consequences to an adult centric parenting plan. It's not a case of 'that's life..' and brush it off. There is no one size fits all but OP should consider the hidden costs, and I don't just mean financial, before choices are made and the cascade effect gets tripped.
    There are very real consequences to any choice, decision or plan. I did not suggest that there weren't, only that in the Real World you can't always take the ideal path or the consequences of the ideal path are sometimes worse than those of other paths, something that from your posts you appeared not to recognize.

There are very real consequences to any choice, decision or plan. I did not suggest that there weren't, only that in the Real World you can't always take the ideal path or the consequences of the ideal path are sometimes worse than those of other paths, something that from your posts you appeared not to recognize.

No one is talking about ideals here. Don't know how you came up with that.

No one is talking about ideals here. Don't know how you came up with that.
    Then fantasy if you prefer, because you did not seem to recognize that some approaches are sometimes neither practical or possible in the Real World. Note, I say seem, because that is how you came across and perhaps did not represent your views accurately when you did so.

Then fantasy if you prefer, because you did not seem to recognize that some approaches are sometimes neither practical or possible in the Real World. Note, I say seem, because that is how you came across and perhaps did not represent your views accurately when you did so.

What? Ok I am not going to respond to this because this is the second post where you get personal, with telling me I fail to recognise reality and now fantasizing. That is not ok. So I am disengaging now with you.

OP, I hope you find a workable solution for your family.

• Advertisement

What? Ok I am not going to respond to this because this is the second post where you get personal, with telling me I fail to recognise reality and now fantasizing. That is not ok. So I am disengaging now with you.
    I'm not getting personal. I said what you wrote was unrealistic (ideal, fantasy, whatever) and even repeatedly pointed out that perhaps you did not want it to come across like that, which can happen to the best of us.

I can't think of how I could be less personal. Calm yourself.

I'm not getting personal. I said what you wrote was unrealistic (ideal, fantasy, whatever) and even repeatedly pointed out that perhaps you did not want it to come across like that, which can happen to the best of us.

I can't think of how I could be less personal. Calm yourself.

Nope. You called it fantasy, yet did not prove what exactly is fantasy and now you are telling me to calm myself, which is also personal and not your place to say.

What I said that an adult centred parenting plan has consequences that should be strongy considered.

However, I never advocated an extreme polar opposite of a child centred one either. So the fantasy might be on your end.

You could argue that the split week 50/50 is an unrealistic ideal too and a fantasy, but I don't see you calling that one out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Take it to PM guys if you want to continue to bicker on.

Advertisement