Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get from shankill to gorey

Options
  • 08-07-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey guys

I have to travel to gorey at the end of the month.I was wondering how exactely i get there. does the train go go from bray to gorey or will i have to get 2 trains? Also any idea how much it will cost with return?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Dmighty wrote: »
    Hey guys

I have to travel to gorey at the end of the month.I was wondering how exactely i get there. does the train go go from bray to gorey or will i have to get 2 trains? Also any idea how much it will cost with return?
    Thanks

Hi Dmighty,

You can travel from Bray to Gorey on one train. It takes a little over an hour to get there. I'm not sure how much it costs.

You can check out the schedule here : http://www.irishrail.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

You can get the Dublin - Rosslare train from Bray to Gorey, here is the timetables for it. I cannot see an online price for that journey, but the Adult Day return from Dublin to Rosslare is €20.40 and the Adult Open Return is €27.90. Student tickets are cheaper. You might get a cheaper rate from Bray as you are not traveling the entire route but you'll need to check in Bray for that.

Same day return on Bus Eireann is €19 and open return is €19.48. Timetable for the 133 is here

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Dmighty

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Fares for the Rosslare line are here:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/fares-and-tickets/dublin-rosslare

Day return is €18.10 and open return is €21.60 from either Shankill or Bray. If you go from Shankill you'll need to take a DART to Bray and change there.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

You could also get the No2 bus from Loughlinstown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement