Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) MOD Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Works out cheaper in GameStop. €399 for an Xbox One with Destiny and €35 for the expansion pass on launch day, €39 normal. Plus you need to adjust for Irish tax on Amazon which brings it to £359/€448.
    Is that a bundle Gamestop are doing?
    I don't see it on website

• Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is that a bundle Gamestop are doing?
    I don't see it on website

Yes, not on the website atm but it is on the back of the Destiny flier that is in store with all the Destiny launch offers.

Yes, not on the website atm but it is on the back of the Destiny flier that is in store with all the Destiny launch offers.
    Is that due to the whole Destiny/ps3 exclusivity deal?
    And actually possible stupid question but do gamestop ship consoles?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is that due to the whole Destiny/ps3 exclusivity deal?
    And actually possible stupid question but do gamestop ship consoles?

Doubt it has anything to do with the advertising deal as it is a "soft" bundle being distributed by GS as opposed to being a "hard" bundle from MS with the game packed in with the console.

GameStop will ship consoles if purchased through their website. If they are going to sell that bundle online it will probably appear by Tuesday at the latest.

GS have Dragon Age 3 bundle on their website for pre-order which is pretty good, €499 for an Xbox One, no Kinect with the €170 DA3 Collectors Edition.

Doubt it has anything to do with the advertising deal as it is a "soft" bundle being distributed by GS as opposed to being a "hard" bundle from MS with the game packed in with the console.

GameStop will ship consoles if purchased through their website. If they are going to sell that bundle online it will probably appear by Tuesday at the latest.

GS have Dragon Age 3 bundle on their website for pre-order which is pretty good, €499 for an Xbox One, no Kinect with the €170 DA3 Collectors Edition.
    Kool,thanks for all the info sniper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭CiaranW

Anybody know the cheapest spot to pick up the adapter for Xbox360 Headphones (Turtle Beach X11) to work for Xbox One?
    Last I looked Argos was a bit cheaper than Gamestop.

CiaranW wrote: »
    Anybody know the cheapest spot to pick up the adapter for Xbox360 Headphones (Turtle Beach X11) to work for Xbox One?
    Last I looked Argos was a bit cheaper than Gamestop.

The price is pretty much the same everywhere form €23.49-€26.49

• Registered Users Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

meant to say this earlier, the Argos in Jervis Shopping Centre had an XB1 with Titanfall on display for 385, save 15 euro. Not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Used xbox one with kinect and forza or else the console with no kinect/game but 2 controls . 390 in cash for gold . Do you think its worth it?

Nah, a new one with Titanfall is 385 in Argos. And there's some Destiny bundles to consider as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    meant to say this earlier, the Argos in Jervis Shopping Centre had an XB1 with Titanfall on display for 385, save 15 euro. Not too bad

Assuming that's without Kinect then it's just a normal price nothing special to Jervis.

Nolimits wrote: »
    Assuming that's without Kinect then it's just a normal price nothing special to Jervis.

Well, it's 15 euro less than RRP and with a game.

Well, it's 15 euro less than RRP and with a game.

I'm not saying it's a bad offer, just that you specified Jervis Street, and I was pointing out that it's not just Jervis Street.

The offer doesn't show up online, but then it didn't last week when I saw it in store either.

Nah, a new one with Titanfall is 385 in Argos. And there's some Destiny bundles to consider as well

Yup €420 in Argos with Titanfall AND Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Yup €420 in Argos with Titanfall AND Destiny.

Just checked that and price goes to 456 on checkout :confused:

Just checked that and price goes to 456 on checkout :confused:

I think its adding €38 for each game, if that is the case the offer is misworded. The xbox is €380 and the offer states that you get Titanfall AND Destiny for €38, which should bring it to €418. It does not state that they are €38 each, which would bring it to €456.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I think its adding €38 for each game, if that is the case the offer is misworded. The xbox is €380 and the offer states that you get Titanfall AND Destiny for €38, which should bring it to €418. It does not state that they are €38 each, which would bring it to €456.

Working ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I got console, Destiny and Halo:MCC for €440 from game.co.uk
    Plus €3.95 for ParcelMotel delivery. Collected it this morning! (except for Halo, obviously)

Anyone suggest the cheapest, quickest way to obtain 12 month gold membership? I don't wanna wait on the post, and I believe I've read somewhere it can be got for €45?

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

GrumPy wrote: »
    Plus €3.95 for ParcelMotel delivery. Collected it this morning! (except for Halo, obviously)

Anyone suggest the cheapest, quickest way to obtain 12 month gold membership? I don't wanna wait on the post, and I believe I've read somewhere it can be got for €45?

https://www.cdkeys.com/ €32 for 13 months cheapest I can see in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I got mine here : http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/xbox-live-gold-subscription-codes/cheap-12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-subscription/ (Currently £23.99 for 12 months)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

In smyths (only in store!!) they have XO for 399 with Destiny and half price any game or half price for 2nd game pad.Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Deanp057

I haven't payed for XBL membership in almost a year since I moved to Xbox One and same with my friend, just waiting for a bill to come through the post saying I owe them for a year!!

Deanp057 wrote: »
    I haven't payed for XBL membership in almost a year since I moved to Xbox One and same with my friend, just waiting for a bill to come through the post saying I owe them for a year!!

You won't be getting a bill, either you have a card on file which they charged or you accidently bought two years worth. Xbox live just won't work for you after it runs out.

Nolimits wrote: »
    You won't be getting a bill, either you have a card on file which they charged or you accidently bought two years worth. Xbox live just won't work for you after it runs out.

I have a few cards on it but most are out of date an others have no money on them, whenever I log onto the 360 it says I have no membership and to update payment option but when I go onto the One it's says nothing and let's me play

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Deanp057 wrote: »
    I have a few cards on it but most are out of date an others have no money on them, whenever I log onto the 360 it says I have no membership and to update payment option but when I go onto the One it's says nothing and let's me play

Is there another account on the one with gold,? As long as someone has gold it keys everyone on that console.

Furp wrote: »
    Is there another account on the one with gold,? As long as someone has gold it keys everyone on that console.

Oh right it could be my brothers account then, but he plays on 360 and had his account on my Xbox for awhile a couple of months ago would that still make it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I got away with free Xbox Live Gold for about 3 or 4 years. Got my Xbox December 2006, got 1 year Gold after the initial free month ran out. Was happily playing away for free with a gold account for years after it should have expired until 1 night about 2010/2011 can't remember, during a late night gaming session, it kicked me from the game and said my account was suspended. Got it working the next day, had to remove the credit card (a well expired 3V voucher at the time) from my file and use a 12 month code to reactivate it. Got away with it for a while tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bosco!

<snip>

No sales here please. Use adverts.ie instead, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone know of anywhere that do XBONE controllers sub €50?
    Seems steep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone know of anywhere that do XBONE controllers sub €50?
    Seems steep!

About €43 on amazon if you don't mind waiting a few days for delivery

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement